Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Fab to join us.

moBack, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It’s hard to find anything nice to say about this company. It is very obvious they have management issues. The CEO is at the top and there is no one else to go to for complaints, no HR no VP nothing. As a consulting company it makes sense you work on many different projects at the same time but he is paranoid and makes you keep blow by blow notes about exactly what you do hourly then have one on one meetings with him to go over what you did and he still insists you email him at the end of day to let him know what you did. It is very obvious he doesn’t trust his employees. All the men at the top are sexist. I have heard on more than one occasion them speak to women in the office about their clothes even heard the CEO to tell a female employee to dress “pretty” for a convention. He treats women very differently than the men and not in a better way. There is also major favoritism. Many of the employees watch video and listen to podcasts while they work the CEO has told people to stop as it is distracting them/ affecting their work and others, but leaves the favorites alone to keep watching their anime and do little to no work. The management is also bipolar and flips opinions on projects sometimes several times within the same day and it is hard to know where you stand with them. Everyone makes way less than they should be for a company in the bay area. And there is no room for growth. No promotions, no progression, and very few raises. The CEO is also cheap and, though he does get lunch for the team Wednesday- Friday, keeps lowering the amount of money we are allowed to spend per person for the meal and so we end up getting bad small portions of food we don’t even want. There is no respect for the employees and the ideas and opinions they have. When projects will not work they will not listen to reason. I haven’t even touched on the illegal activity going on. They cut corners with licenses usually getting the cheaper versions and saying it is for their India team despite the California team being the sole users. They also illegally download 3D models and use them without the creator's permission. Bottom line most of the people there are wholly incompetent and don’t care about their employees.

Ganado Unified School District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most of your coworkers will be women, but they do not go "above and beyond" for anyone. There is no daycare of any kind in the area.

It's a teaching job,so as with any job teaching, flexibility is naturally limited.

Paternity leave is non-existent. Maternity leave is the standard 12 weeks unpaid FMLA. If you've earned enough paid leave, you may use that to continue receiving paychecks.

Improve childcare amenities for non-native teachers.

Maybe. It's a good place for beginning teachers, but there are no amenities in the area.

Sycamore Education Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Maybe. It's a very male dominant environment and one that doesn't necessarily do job promotions or pay promotions. If you're a developer or related to the owning family, you'll get paid great but everyone else is in the middle.

The South Bend Clinic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Hours can be flexible throughout the clinic, however my department does not allow part times.

Mississippi State University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is no problem working for this employer. Everyone is friendly and approachable.

QBE Insurance Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The work environment is flexible and allows women the flexibility to work and still spend time with their family. However, women in leadership roles are virtually nonexistent and there is a very strong boys club culture that is hard to penetrate, particularly if you can't be available for happy hours and golf outings.

Maybe. Great maternity leave package and the culture is supportive of flex schedules and telecommuting.

South by Southwest Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 10+ years. There was only one female director in the 30 year span of the company, but she has since passed away. It's definitely a boys club, men are promoted regularly over women and women are seldom given much voice in the leadership of the company. They have had anonymous surveys in which we are asked our opinions and I have voiced these concerns, but not much has changed. It's a hard job because the work is difficult and the hours around the events are long, but there are so many people who want to work here, our complaints often go unheard.

Eastman Chemical Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a mans' world, like any other industrial setting. However, MOST men realize we live in the 21st century, and will respect you as long as you pull your weight. I've had a fantastic experience with the guys on all crews-- my supervisor, on the other hand, has a documented history of discrimination against females. When it became an issue, I went to HR for help. Despite 25 and 30-year veterans, guys on my crew, and even other supervisors being willing to testify to the fact that discrimination had been going on, HR refused to act... They wouldn't even speak with the host of witnesses (my guess to the cause of that is because if they ask and receive confirmation of my story, they HAVE to act, by law.) They claimed that they were initiating an "investigation," and then weighed only his word against mine, despite the proof and witnesses. It all depends on your department-- just don't expect HR to act on your behalf, if you experience a problem.

Maybe. Depends entirely on your department-- just don't expect HR to help, in the event you experience a problem.

ARES Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While there are a fair number of women at the company (though my office, which is small, consists of only me and one part-time female engineer), the upper echelons of the company are an old boys' club, and nepotism is rampant. There is only one woman in a non-corporate (i.e. engineering) management role that I'm aware of. And, as might be expected, maternity leave consists of "save up your vacation or take unpaid leave." I don't believe women are deliberately or obviously mistreated, but actions speak louder than words, and the culture says it all. That being said, the company is incredibly demanding of both men and women and quite cheap when it comes to benefits in general (just general time off, no sick days vs. vacation vs. whatever), so in most cases it is equal opportunity less-than-awesomeness.

Attachmate Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Things have changed over the years at Attachmate....it used to be a great place to work.

Maybe. Not much growth opportunity