Farm Credit Services of America

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Farm Credit Services of America to join us.

Childnet Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

You must watch your back; everyone is up tight and hoping to keep the heat off themselves by tattling on others. The environment was dog eat dog.

Many supervisors think they are dictators, They have no positve leadeship skills; they play favorites and treat their job as a God-given right only they deserve., I was harassed and knocked back and forth with rhetoric and innuendo, I was fired for stating I would not llie in a court hearing. Really, yes, I was told I had no professioal opinion and to make a statement in court I did not agree was in the best interest of the youth.

Invest Blue Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

jump in with both feet and be yourself - the culture is very supportive of anyone who is willing to be passionate about what we do and give it their best

i routinely see men and women flex their hours to allow for family obligations - the actual practice of this makes me more comfortable in using the allowed polices

Boulder County Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Boulder County seems to be much more family friendly than other local employers. They recently implemented a "bring your baby to work policy" and provide 4 weeks of paid maternity leave.

Flexibility really depends on your direct supervisor. My supervisor really values flexibility and does a great job honoring it, but others aren't as lucky and have supervisors who are very inflexible with hours.

Transamerica Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My department consists mainly of men, but am treated fairly and equally.

Rabobank Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

Good people overall very European way of life. A lot of time off, great medical care absolutely all paid by the employer (employee contribution is $0!) Also 100% 401K vesting from day 1! Unheard in the industry. Great opportunity to make an impact. Small organization so great mobility. I am 29 and single and I have no idea what maternity leave policies are in place, however, I am know of couple of women that have been on sick leave for like 4 months. Flexible work arrangements, at least 2 women I know work from home 2 or 3 times a week and come to the office rarely..oh and a guy. You can work in Westchester or the NY Park Avenue office. Again, for single women its different but if you have family its great, which I don't yet ;)

CareerBuilder Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

CareerBuilder is a great company to work for as a woman. The female executives are extremely intelligent and have worked their way into the positions that they occupy. There are more than enough resources to make your way to higher positions as long as you can network efficiently. There is also a women's group called CareerBuildHER which discusses events, advancement, networking, mentoring, and more, that the women of CareerBuilder can become involved with. The company is constantly working towards making the gender gap smaller and helping women with more opportunities.

The Aspen Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Men tend to dominate the highest leadership positions, but otherwise as with many non-profits, we're in a mostly female environment. I was treated well after maternity leave, and since I had a great, caring boss, was able to have a flexible work schedule after I returned. This varies greatly from team to team, and I also had a careless HR manager tell me how "lucky" I was to "get paid to do nothing" for three months while I was on maternity leave. The institute pays for 2 weeks of family leave, with your standard 6 weeks of disability pay and the rest covered by sick/vacation.

BGB group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for two years and I think the agency is great. It is mostly women. Maternity leave isn't as great as it should be and the work life balance is not great. You do have plenty of chances to advance your career here though.

Parade Magazine Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Wellesley College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of politics at the college, which seems to stem from a history of bad relationships among various directors and other people in leadership roles between departments. Definitely do your research about the specific department culture (and any others with whom you'd be working) beforehand. Your ability to take flex time or work from home days depends on your supervisor - these arrangements are often approved at the department-level and not formally established through Human Resources. Women working at the college for less than 12 months who are seeking maternity leave only receive 8 weeks of unpaid leave - which must be used all at once or forfeited otherwise - which is what is mandated by state law (this would cover paternity leave as well). Women with at least a year of employment receive 6 weeks of paid leave plus 6 weeks of unpaid leave; however, they are required to exhaust any accrued paid time off (vacation, sick, personal) during the unpaid leave time; you are given the option to use the total 12 weeks all at once or throughout the first year following the birth of your child. There is also very little transparency about pay ranges - the college does not list them, even for specific titles, and even within departments you are likely to discover that someone with the same title and comparable role as you is making as much as a 50% difference in salary. The vast majority of employees are female, which is what makes all of these policies all the more surprising. Finally, there is very little diversity at the leadership level.