FBR Capital Markets

www.fbr.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at FBR Capital Markets to join us.

Beyond 20/20 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

he process I went through was an interview, then 2 scheduled days to observe for 2 hours, then a 1 month trial. The trial was 2 days a week for 9 hours so 18 hours a week. Everything was going well. I was staying passed the 2 hours and coming in early for observation. I was conversing/ helping with the staff and patients as if I were a part of the team and they showed appreciation to that. I made then made it to the 1 month trial. I bought my scrubs and began training (I was training for front desk AND as a Visual Therapist Assistant). The first two weeks I was really just observing and when there were no patients, I was independently studying. There were books and videos. I took notes and tested myself and did pretty well fairly quickly. Keep in mind, I was advised not to study at home, not to bring home reading materials, and even though they made me study the given material at work, I wasn’t allowed to do it like the materials taught me, they did things different. Very confusing, right? But I did it and even began to assist with patients that last day of that last week. Then week 3 came. I walked into the office and was immediately blamed for tools being left out and I didn’t do it. Of course because I was knew, I immediately was to blame. I voiced it was not me but I wouldn’t let it happen again. That was the first weird incident. I then noticed that I was being snapped at often and there was A LOT of nit-picking going on. At first I ignored it because they told me that the owner is very particular about things but once I began getting snapped at for stuff they told me I was allowed to do, I began to feel uncomfortable. I tried to keep a positive attitude and do what I was told because as they kept reminding me, I was not officially hired and a part of the staff (or their clique from what it seemed). That’s fine, I knew it was a test run. The second day of the 3rd week was bad too. They began to whisper a lot and go into rooms to do such while I tried to keep busy and be hands on. It was awkward. I didn’t take it personal until the 5th or 6th time. Then more nit-picking, more blaming, more discrediting me in front of patients and parents. I felt like a fool and I knew I was doing well so what was the problem?? They had this little agreement to park and walk out together in the parking lot after closing because we’re all women and it’s dark. Once I was told to leave ahead of everyone and walk alone, I knew something was wrong. I came back in for the 4th week with a smile on my face. I told myself to just keep doing what I was doing and be the best I can (because that was the advice that was given to me in the beginning by one of the workers who had say in my hiring). After the 2nd hour, I asked to speak to the Doctor about my progress and what I am doing right, and what can I do to be better. She then proceeded to tell me I didn’t get the job because I wasn’t taking initiative by grabbing the files and immediately working the patients. I was shocked. I was specifically told to ask before I do anything because they’re “Very particular” about what they do there and because I “wasn’t officially hired” yet. No feedback, no tips for improvement in the process, nothing. I literally walked in one day and everything was different. I wasn’t given a fair chance. She told me they don’t like to “push” people to do things, yet when I did try to take initiative, I was told I wasn’t allowed to do this or not allowed to do that. It was a set-up to fail. I was TRAINING to become the Visual Therapist ASSISTANT, NOT the VT and NOT the DR. I did very well despite the short time frame and unrealistic demands. Do I think that’s the real reason I wasn’t hired? I'm not sure. Makes no sense, I did very well, the children liked me, I have a great background and until week 3, they liked me too. They made me feel discouraged, spoke to me like I was dumb and did a TON of whispering. They weren’t helping me get the job, they were putting me down and reminding me I wasn’t a part of the team. I felt like I was trying out to be the cool kid of a high school. It was so stupid and a complete waste of time. I could go on for hours about the nonsense that went on there. I responded in a professional manner and left. No wonder they’ve been looking for someone to fill the position for so long. They don’t know how to train people. It’s a waste of time. You’ll be damned if you do, damned if you don’t trying to please everyone there. I believe they're good people but for your sake, Keep looking.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

You need to tell people that you're training how they're doing and how to improve. If you don't, you will always have a high turn-over rate and you will always be looking to hire someone. You can't hire people with no experience and expect them to do your job as a doctor within 2 weeks. Have a weekly meeting. Tell them what they're doing right and what needs improvement so they succeed. Also, stop continuously reminding them that they aren't officially hired. It is discouraging, unprofessional and tacky. And don't discredit them or blame them for things while patients are there. At the end of the day this just makes the company look bad with a different set of people working there each month, etc. Cut people some slack, give them the FULL 1 MONTH as spoken of, train them on what is done in the facility, not on what most Doctor's expect via text book then switch it up on them.

American College of Gastroenterology Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a culture of male-dominated cronyism where the male executive director has an inner circle of other men in a female dominated staff. The IT staff and finance staff are male. To get IT support women have to grovel and beg for help and make themselves subordinate to an middle Eastern male IT consultant. Also men with fewer years of service to the organization are paid more than women with similar levels of education.

Schedule flexibility is not universally available - some people have more flexibility than others. I benefit from flexibility but many others do not. I also believe that I am paid less because of working at home one day per week.

Hire more staff so that workload is spread more fairly and people feel supported and not overwhelmed. Increase IT support, update hardware and software.

Public Health Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Incredible professional development opportunities, smart and compassionate colleagues and managers.

Citizen Schools Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

C-level women will find a very flexible work culture at Citizen Schools. Women who are work at school sites, however, will find their time much more micro-managed with fewer opportunities for leave.

United Airlines Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

A bit of a "boys club" although progress is being made.

Peak Campus Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Great for women, not necessarily great for people in general! My particular branch has had management issues that affect everyone without discrimination.

Illinois Technology Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Currently, the team is all women (except our CEO) and they are an amazing group of women...not catty, supportive, collaborative. There are only 10 of us total so how we work together is very important. Work/life balance is important at the senior level - personal/vacation time is respected and encouraged.

Valley Baptist Health System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Network within the company. Female friends are necessary. I would like to see more females supporting each other.

Qualtrics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

June 2015

I've worked here for a year and there are not a large number of women working here (tech company). No females on Exec management currently, and very few in management positions. Hard to determine if women are not advancing because of cultural/personal choices on motherhood vs career (high concentration of Mormons) or some other reason. Not sure about the maternity leave, but there is expectant mother parking and good health insurance.

QlikTech International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015