Federated Mutual Insurance Co

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Federated Mutual Insurance Co to join us.

Sedona Offroad Adventures Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Do not work here and run as fast as you can away from this company.

Remove the current woman manager who is driving the business into closing and upper management is blind to this and the best employees are leaving because of this. She is costing the company productivity and the bottom line.

Community School of Music & Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you have savings, or a partner that is making a good salary, or your expenses are minimal, taking on an instructor position with CSMA is wonderful. Working with the children is extremely rewarding, very supportive colleagues and majority women on staff, and you have access to excellent curriculum and resources which frees up your time and energy to focus on teaching.

Publicis Groupe Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Get a tough skin, find a champion and work on your self promotion hook. Find the humble brag or you will be invisible

Weed out the high school drama, the cliques and the political antics.

Mitsubishi UFJ Trust & Banking Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Try to stay away from this institution because there are very few benefits (no maternity leave policy), managers watch the time you enter and leave the workplace, no telecommuting options. Lastly, all bosses are male Japanese ex-pats who do not understand the New York market.

TMP Worldwide, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I'm not sure about any other department at TMP, but Media is the way to go! We work hard for our clients, but we have a tremendous level of work/life balance. Honestly, it's like no other ad agency that I've worked at in the past. I will say there are people who have been here 20+ years, so it's easy to get comfortable here. My advice would be know your goals and use TMP as a stepping stone, but you'll definitely learn some new things and meet some great people along the way!

I don't have children, therefore, no need for maternity leave yet.

Create some structure within my department so there is room to grow without me having to leave the company. Currently, our structure is very flat, however, I know our direct management lead has this on her radar (or at least I told her it was a pain point that should be addressed).

Owens Corning Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Owens Corning for the most part has flexible work hours, work-life balance, and women in mid-leadership for the Toledo HQ and Granville Science & Technology center. I do not believe this is true for women in the plant. For a STEM career in a manufacturing industry, this is a great place to be as a woman. But I always have to qualify that with "for a STEM career" or "for a manufacturing industry"... because compared to other industry leaders in different industries, we do not fair so well. Owens Corning is in the Building Materials and Manufacturing industry. While they are "equal or better" compared to others within the same industry, is this really enough? Compared to other industries, we are not so good. 6 weeks of paid maternity leave and that's it. No paternity leave. One woman only on the board and she just got put there in the past year. HUGE gap when it comes to equality both in numbers and in pay at the various band levels. The Science and Technology center (R&D) has a very wide gender gap in leadership roles, especially among the technical track folks. The needle is being moved in the right direction, but we are behind in many ways.

You can take up to 12 weeks maternity leave under FMLA. Only 6 weeks are paid and 6 weeks would have to be unpaid OR you have to use your vacation days to get paid.

Calvin Klein Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at Calvin Klein for many years, always in administrative support. Men are in most of the leadership positions. HR holds up the one or two women in upper management as examples of equality. But on the executive floor, the only women are in support roles. Most women never go higher than VP. Any woman applying for a position at this company should know what industry standard compensation is for the position, she will have to negotiate for a better salary than the minimum. Maternity leave is better than some - 6 weeks for vaginal birth, 8 weeks for c-section paid leave, plus up to 12 weeks unpaid leave (per Family Medical Leave Act when I went on maternity leave). If you are a nursing mother and need to pump, the facilities are sub-par. The one available room in the building I worked in was an unfinished closet with barely enough room for a chair and a small table. There are now new offices in a different building and the room available to pump is much nicer with a couch and a window. I do not believe there is more than one, I hope this has been updated. My manager while I was a nursing mother called me into their office to discuss the time I was away from my desk and to remind me that any time I spent pumping breast milk was not personal time, so I shouldn't treat it as such. The benefits are solid and most of the people are professional and pretty wonderful. That being said, it was always my feeling based on numerous incidents that institutionalized sexism was rampant in spite of any women in Manager, Director and VP positions.

John Deere Landscapes Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you're not a man and you're not in HR, good luck going far.

W.W. Grainger, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.8

This is a company that truly treats everyone equally. I have not seen the first example otherwise. With that said, it is also a company that provides many perks to employees with a firm expectation of positive performance. There is no place to hide, so know everyone is held accountable.

lynda.com Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

This is a company that was founded by a woman, and women are valued and treated equally. There are more men than women in traditional roles, however.