Ferring Pharmaceuticals

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Ferring Pharmaceuticals to join us.

Focus Brands Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

The company as a whole is making efforts to adapt to the changing workplace dynamics, but your experience is very much dictated by your direct manager (as in most cases). Kat Cole is one of the senior executives which bodes well for elevation of female leadership and improved benefits for women.

My department and direct supervisor were not flexible or reasonable with time, but other groups and managers had a more progressive view of flex-time.

Cambia Health Solutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

I would say that an employees perspective may vary greatly between departments. Always ask for guidance and clarification from the start. Advocate for yourself and respect the experience and skills you bring to the position. Also, if not satisfied within one department, you can always look to transfer to another.

My experience was that the flexibility of the role was completely dependent on the department directors work style. It would of been great to have some corporate guidance that pertained to all staff in some way.

Offer frequent and ongoing evaluations (mentorship, action plans, etc) of role expectations. One huge plus was that the role I was hired for was a newly created position, and I had a lot of room to tailor it to meet customer needs. However, that was also a huge barrier and ultimately led to my resignation because there simply wasn't enough guidance and feedback on expectations. For example, after getting direction from the director, I spent several hours creating an assessment tool to use in the community. The problem was that the director had several people working on creating an assessment tool at the same time. This could have been a productive process for us all had we known ahead of time. It wound up creating unhealthy competition between staff and frustration over so many wasted hours.

Hope House Foundation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

Flexible schedules, training and casual work environment. Rewarding and fulfilling work.

University of Wisconsin-Stout Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

I enjoy my job, I just wish that we had people to talk to when we don't agree with how upper management is dealing with things.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

I think this sometimes can be a negative if you have a boss that doesn't manage how many people are on vacation at once.

Reed Smith LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

The firm is working on bettering the balance of men to women partners, good maternity leave and strong women's network.

Insight Global Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Insight Global is very cut throat, aggressive and tough environment for women. It is women dominated but creates an environment filled with jealousy and comparison with women.

George Mason University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Negotiate your starting pay before you start your first job. You will not get a raise or a promotion no matter how hard your supervisor goes to bat for you over the years. Start looking for a higher paying job as soon as you start if your goal is to advance your career. Take advantage of tuition benefits while you're there.

State of Vermont Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't be afraid to negotiate your compensation, male collegues of the same education and experience have started at much higher salaries.

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this company for more than 6 years. I left a job which paid significantly more because this job offered benefits (vacation, sick, health insurance, 401(k), and when taking all of these things into account, the total compensation was close to what I was making. I was promised regular performance reviews and told I could expect raises commensurate with the quality of work I performed. In the first couple of years, I had a couple of reviews and got only minimal raises in spite of excellent work product. After the first couple of years, a "moratorium" was put on future raises. Profanity goes unchecked in this workplace. Although multiple people reported one particular person's frequent use of the c-word, this employee was only ever reprimanded and sent home for a day or two. For more than 6 years this went on, and to my knowledge, the employee is still there. (He is their largest money-maker) On several occasions, I discussed company morale with the CEO. Nothing was done. Management is more interested in profit-taking than in the people who work for this company. The paralegals are vastly underpaid given the work they do. When I did finally give my notice, and brought up the CEO's failure to deliver on regular reviews/raises, blame was passed to me for failing to ask for such. In my opinion, raises are given as a reward for excellent work. It should not be up to the employee to demand them. Finally, in light of the "moratorium" which was never "lifted," why would any person believe the request for a raise would be granted—particularly when it was common knowledge many requests for such had been denied, even prior to the moratorium. The culture of this business is toxic.

Diebold Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are women in HR and accounting but almost none in engineering or management roles. My male coworkers were afraid to get sent to HR (apparently every time they have a girl co-op, she complains and people get sent to HR, and they think this is not related to their actions). Two women (out of the few) were harassed at work and were not taken seriously when reporting the problem.