Fisher & Paykel Healthcare

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare to join us.

SS&C Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Employees are not valued and are considered dispensable. Benefits are non-existent for working parents. Employees given promotions mid year are not considered for salary increases.

Obalon Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Management doesn't want to hire older women and plays favorites.

Management has "favorite" employees.

Management and corporate needs to be more open minded and willing to listen to their employees.

National Communications Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

That it's a place where women are not allowed to do the fun work that the males were able to. They were limited to sit in their dark office and write knowledge based articles for Microsoft on beta products. Not much advancement for women here.

Many people stayed busy by not going to the main office, so the field technicians would just sleep in a small phone or office room at one of the many buildings that Microsoft has in the Redmond/Puget Sound area. One lady would stop at a few stores on company time just because she knew she'd get away with it. I don't mean just to get a quick bite to eat. I mean going into Target to shop, stopping in and waiting for a salesman at Costco for her to upgrade he son's phone plan, and stopping in the nearest vape shop to get new product for her to smoke in the company vehicle.

They needed to give me work that allowed me to feel productive. I was told through the "grapevine" that I was only hired because I was a woman and they needed to fill that requirement. After time, that's how I felt. They lacked communications and people were literally reaching for work, but they were not happy. It was a very sad and negative environment. There was major pressure to "look busy" or they would lose their contract with Microsoft.

United States Geological Survey Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There's intrinsic bias and limiting beliefs about women in science that are occasionally just hard to get around; but the USGS is a place where avoiding that is often and almost usually possible; I'm certain that it depends on coworkers and direct managers, though.

National Endowment for the Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The NEA is an incredible federal agency with strong female leadership. I would recommend working here.

Rodale Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Good work life balance - essentially a 9-5 situation, and they're totally flexible about taking time off as needed for appointments, etc.

State Street Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.8

I've worked here for 4 years and think it's a really good place for a working mom who wants flexibility. Yes I think I could get paid more if I worked somewhere else potentially but the salary is still good for accounting role and has given me the flexibility to work from home 100% which as a new mom, has made my life much easier by avoiding traffic and extra drive time. They really value flexible work arrangements in their employees and are able to provide as long as good employee who they trust and still gets work done! It also makes it easier to leave right at 530pm to pick up baby. I'm willing to sign on at night during busier periods but I wait until after baby is asleep. The offices have nice pump rooms for nursing mothers. There is a free back up child care policy (20 days!) as well that I have yet to use but is a great benefit. Vacation policy is fair (20 days plus 3 personal days at senior associate and above level plus 9 observed holidays). They also have good coverage for IVF and infertility ( through the high deductible plan at least). The mentoring/move up options are available but you really have to be your own advocate if you want increased responsibility or experience but being global, there are plenty of opportunities depending on location or willingness to move. I didn't think at first that I would stay as long but as a new mom, I'm happy I did!

Kansas Department of Transportation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Generally had no problems working here, but when it comes to promotions, politics and preferences of the bosses definitely factor in. They do have good benefits, a perk is being able to bring your baby in with you until they reach the age of six months. However some benefits may be going away with the state of the state government.

Oshkosh Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Worked at the company for 6+ years, and found it to be mostly a good ole boys network. Have personally experienced discrepancy in pay, and was advised to refuse a woman the same amount of pay they told me to offer a man for the same role.

NYU School of Medicine Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

i have worked here 17 years and had four pregnancies. the leaves were all under different managers and really reflected that. some were wonderful and understanding. others wanted to report me to HR because the week before i was expected back i wanted to extend leave a week b/c my daughter had scarlet fever (this after heart surgery). they were inflexible. they wanted to dock me for pumping. it's a mixed bag because all things are left up to supervisor, and if you have a nice one things are great, if not, things are not. nyu school of medicine.