Food Marketing Institute

www.fmi.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Food Marketing Institute to join us.

Smart Circle International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Dressing to impress is important during the interview process and after being hired on. Looking your best (ironed/clean, professional-looking attire, make-up, brushed/washed/styled hair, dress shoes) is VERY important to them and will definitely be a factor in whether or not you are hired. The same goes for the males there, though (brushed/washed/styled hair, clean/ironed suit, tie, dress shoes, belt).

Long hours, unpredictable schedule. Not ideal for parents. Ideal for college students, high school graduates, intern-wanna-be's, and college graduates looking for a career in marketing and/or sales.

Lundbeck Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its a great culture but we still struggle with the good ol' boys network

Best Western International, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Just to make wise decisions for herself.

Since I was a part time employee, I wasn't affected by this. However they were always good about taking time off when needed.

BP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The higher you are in the R&D organization, the better. Women at the manufacturing sites don't have the same opportunities.

just upgraded policy to 8 weeks for mothers (10 for c-section), and 2 weeks for fathers

GrubHub Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The benefits are wonderful.

I had a natural birth and STD paid me at 100% for 5 weeks, then GrubHub paid me at 100% for 2 weeks and I took an additional 5 weeks at zero pay totaling 12 weeks total. That is the maximum amount of time allowed by STD.

Children's National Medical Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women in pediatrics in general- the outpatient division (Goldberg Center) is fairly diverse, and responsive to women at all levels. However Children's has gotten so big that the bureaucratic red tape in general is extremely frustrating- both with the ridiculously slow onboarding process, and with finding answers from HR... Regarding maternity leave, my medical director encouraged me to take as much time as I needed- Children's now offers a 6 week paid parental leave for all employees who have been there >12 months; I would also recommend signing up for short term disability in advance of getting pregnant for extra paid leave (which you also have to have a year in advance). Beyond that the official policy from HR is now that you cannot use sick time beyond that 6 weeks paid parental leave (can use vacation time or unpaid leave only), but since it is a new policy managers for each department may allow sick time or ASSLA to be used as well. The Hartford Group administers the paid parental leave, short-term disability, and FMLA policies- DC offers 16 weeks FMLA, better than the national policy.

Go! Experience Design Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company is mostly made up of women and a lot of the other woman working there are clicky and can be backstabbing. They completely hated me after they found out i was preganant and treated me quite unfairly after that and I never was able to gain respect or be treated fairly after that again. I was just treated as old news. As if i could not get a job done anymore. It was awful!

Guilford County Schools Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I was able to take a long maternity leave (12 weeks paid, 2 weeks unpaid) because I worked for the district for 9 years and had plenty of time accrued. If I hadn't, I would have had 6-8 weeks maximum. Maternity leave is taken from your sick days, so if you don't have 6-8 weeks of days saved, you will have to borrow from co-workers or go unpaid. I believe overall, women are treated fairly within the district, but at certain schools there is favoritism towards males in a female-dominated industry. Also, it seems that within the district, those from minority backgrounds are sought after for leadership positions.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Steptoe & Johnson PLLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They have a great maternity leave policy. Three months paid leave. There are significantly more male partners/members.