Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering to join us.

LogMeIn, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

The culture can be cut throat, especially at Headquarters. It's not for the faint of heart.

If you work at HQ there is less flexibility. Other sites are more flexible.

Tom Thumb Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

just another dead end job... dont work here... pay sucks

Deutser Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Men are clearly preferred and do better than women here. There is a boys club.

Beyond 20/20 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

he process I went through was an interview, then 2 scheduled days to observe for 2 hours, then a 1 month trial. The trial was 2 days a week for 9 hours so 18 hours a week. Everything was going well. I was staying passed the 2 hours and coming in early for observation. I was conversing/ helping with the staff and patients as if I were a part of the team and they showed appreciation to that. I made then made it to the 1 month trial. I bought my scrubs and began training (I was training for front desk AND as a Visual Therapist Assistant). The first two weeks I was really just observing and when there were no patients, I was independently studying. There were books and videos. I took notes and tested myself and did pretty well fairly quickly. Keep in mind, I was advised not to study at home, not to bring home reading materials, and even though they made me study the given material at work, I wasn’t allowed to do it like the materials taught me, they did things different. Very confusing, right? But I did it and even began to assist with patients that last day of that last week. Then week 3 came. I walked into the office and was immediately blamed for tools being left out and I didn’t do it. Of course because I was knew, I immediately was to blame. I voiced it was not me but I wouldn’t let it happen again. That was the first weird incident. I then noticed that I was being snapped at often and there was A LOT of nit-picking going on. At first I ignored it because they told me that the owner is very particular about things but once I began getting snapped at for stuff they told me I was allowed to do, I began to feel uncomfortable. I tried to keep a positive attitude and do what I was told because as they kept reminding me, I was not officially hired and a part of the staff (or their clique from what it seemed). That’s fine, I knew it was a test run. The second day of the 3rd week was bad too. They began to whisper a lot and go into rooms to do such while I tried to keep busy and be hands on. It was awkward. I didn’t take it personal until the 5th or 6th time. Then more nit-picking, more blaming, more discrediting me in front of patients and parents. I felt like a fool and I knew I was doing well so what was the problem?? They had this little agreement to park and walk out together in the parking lot after closing because we’re all women and it’s dark. Once I was told to leave ahead of everyone and walk alone, I knew something was wrong. I came back in for the 4th week with a smile on my face. I told myself to just keep doing what I was doing and be the best I can (because that was the advice that was given to me in the beginning by one of the workers who had say in my hiring). After the 2nd hour, I asked to speak to the Doctor about my progress and what I am doing right, and what can I do to be better. She then proceeded to tell me I didn’t get the job because I wasn’t taking initiative by grabbing the files and immediately working the patients. I was shocked. I was specifically told to ask before I do anything because they’re “Very particular” about what they do there and because I “wasn’t officially hired” yet. No feedback, no tips for improvement in the process, nothing. I literally walked in one day and everything was different. I wasn’t given a fair chance. She told me they don’t like to “push” people to do things, yet when I did try to take initiative, I was told I wasn’t allowed to do this or not allowed to do that. It was a set-up to fail. I was TRAINING to become the Visual Therapist ASSISTANT, NOT the VT and NOT the DR. I did very well despite the short time frame and unrealistic demands. Do I think that’s the real reason I wasn’t hired? I'm not sure. Makes no sense, I did very well, the children liked me, I have a great background and until week 3, they liked me too. They made me feel discouraged, spoke to me like I was dumb and did a TON of whispering. They weren’t helping me get the job, they were putting me down and reminding me I wasn’t a part of the team. I felt like I was trying out to be the cool kid of a high school. It was so stupid and a complete waste of time. I could go on for hours about the nonsense that went on there. I responded in a professional manner and left. No wonder they’ve been looking for someone to fill the position for so long. They don’t know how to train people. It’s a waste of time. You’ll be damned if you do, damned if you don’t trying to please everyone there. I believe they're good people but for your sake, Keep looking.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

You need to tell people that you're training how they're doing and how to improve. If you don't, you will always have a high turn-over rate and you will always be looking to hire someone. You can't hire people with no experience and expect them to do your job as a doctor within 2 weeks. Have a weekly meeting. Tell them what they're doing right and what needs improvement so they succeed. Also, stop continuously reminding them that they aren't officially hired. It is discouraging, unprofessional and tacky. And don't discredit them or blame them for things while patients are there. At the end of the day this just makes the company look bad with a different set of people working there each month, etc. Cut people some slack, give them the FULL 1 MONTH as spoken of, train them on what is done in the facility, not on what most Doctor's expect via text book then switch it up on them.

Hyatt Hotels Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

Overall, a great employer. Given the nature of the hospitality industry being a 24/7 operation, work-life balance is hard to achieve for all, not just women. There is an evident lack of women in senior leadership roles, especially General Managers and in certain departments such as Culinary, but this has been a strong focus of the company's over the past few years.

J.C. Penney Company, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

Even though there are predominantly more women than men in the merchandising side, unfortunately women tend to be each other's biggest critics.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

It really depends on your department and who your manager is.

Total of 12 weeks. 8 weeks paid due to c-section, 2 weeks 50% and 2 weeks unpaid

Hatch Mott MacDonald Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for about a year and a half in a primarily male engineer-dominated office. Have generally had a good experience receiving substantive projects and tasks and feeling able to request more challenging work when things were slow.

Appboy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a fair amount of women who work here for a tech startup, and I believe they are treated fairly, but management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to network with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues.

California Institute of the Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Low, low, low pay and the illusion of gathering different opinions but the decisions have already been made by someone in upper administration. The students are practically ready to grab pitchforks and burn someone at the stake for the astronomical tuition prices and lack of scholarships. It makes for a very hostile environment at times. The student body today is made up of mostly wealthy kids who expect to get what they pay for and they have little substance in their work. It's not that most of them are horrible, it is only that they lack the life experience that would be incorporated in an artwork by someone who had more adversity in their lives. This school is not what it used to be or at least what I was lead to think it used to be. There is still a great deal of intellectual rigor among much of the faculty but even that is disappearing as more full time professors are gone and they are being replaced indefinitely by Adjuncts working 2-3 other jobs.

The Body Shop Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

I worked for the company for 4 years. The couple I was in heaven.I loved every minute of my job. I noticed a lot of my co-workers were so upset and complained about the company, ethics and managers. With my time working there i noticed the company had no regard for your family life and overall well being. My advice pay attention to the people who work for the company when you first work there. I knew many of the co-workers were drained, but i thought that was based on at home life. Now I know, where there is smoke.. there's fire!