hppycrtv

As a female freelance creative, you have no rights and your male superiors understand this. Some take advantage of this power - people who are well respected and trusted even. It is very hit or miss as to whether you are working with a superior that respects you - even if you save them money, work harder than anyone else, create fantastic work, etc. You need to be tough as nails and learn how to avoid advances. Do not ever rebute them openly, even nicely. It hurts their ego and you will never work with that superior again. They may even say bad things about you as a way to separate themselves from you - and this hurts your career dramatically. The nice superiors protect each other so never forget that. You can be right, you can be an incredible worker - but if you say anything its thought that you are rocking the boat and you will be ostracized. Try to work with companies that have female leaders. Its usually much, much better. Without female leaders in Creative, the team vibes do not support women (in my experience). Prior to the past 2 years as a freelancer I was the brand AD working with hundreds of designers and varying talents. Now, because I cannot find a position, I am a Producer which honestly so far seems to be a role that male seniors are comfortable with women being in and my life is easier in many ways because of this.

Editor

Operations

Freelancing can be difficult in the sense that it is harder to take time off when you need it to pick up kids, go to appointments, ect. Fortunately I've been working with companies that give me more flexibility than most.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Xavinea23

Contract Graphic Designer

Marketing

Like any job there are benefits and challenges. Being a freelancer has different challenges than a normal job but of course more freedom and flexibility. Identify your personal priorities and make your decision from there.

• Family Friendly Aspects?