General Electric http://www.ge.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about General Electric?
SimplyS08 Sourcing & Procurement

That the culture around permissive leave and flex time is great. I can do my job nearly anywhere and can take the time I need for family items without question.

Since my maternity leave they have added 4 weeks to the paid leave (I believe), so improvements have been made
promote more at all levels - not just leadership positions.
anon1758 Lead Analyst, It Operations

This a great company to work for particularly if you are an early-careerist, as the company has leadership development programs and associate development programs that serve as a great source of career trajectory. I would suggest for any woman to consider the programs to build their career foundation and to foster their professional network.

Promote more women of color into leadership positions
elegantivy

You will feel out of place, its very men driven. Ge has policies in place however its up to the managers to drive it and embrace it. Depending on your manager will determine your experience.

Very demanding, high volume with tons of changes. If you have a family your career maybe limited because you need to be mobile and the options to work from home, flex exist but not embedded in the culture.
Bird2016 Human Resources

Permissive Time Off is great; be prepared to work hours outside of a normal work day...10-12 hour days are not unusual, it's generally expected at least 1-2x a week.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

GE can increase the number of women in leadership overall however they have programs in place to do that. I have seen great progress over the years and know that will continue.

Anonymous - 8955 Sourcing Manager, Sourcing & Procurement

Its a very diverse company in many aspects, from the employees and culture to the portfolio of businesses and products it owns. It is also a company that has a strong foundation and strong values.

Great company, focused on the right issues for female employees, still areas for improvement but they continue to improve.

Engineer

The limits on work life balance is set by the individual. The policies support great balance, however not everyone takes advantage of them.

Great work/life balance, although full flexibility may vary based on leader.

I took my leave prior to the new Paid Parental Leave.
TK300 Engineering Manager, Engineering

The company offers a very broad range of career opportunities with its diverse portfolio. There are women at the officer and board levels. We understand that our biggest issue with increasing women in leadership positions is the mid-career opt-out, and we're actively working to fix that. I love that GE gives me the opportunity to take on leadership positions outside my regular job such as within the Women's Network and other affinity groups so I can grow my skills. It also allows me to volunteer to serve on the board at my university alma mater as well as recruit there and at other universities. Flexible work arrangments are available, and it's up to me to work out with my manager what makes sense for my role and my personal goals. I feel fulfilled at GE, and I hope to continue on this path for a long time.

Women Review General Electric for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of General Electric by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.9 stars, based on 76 reviews Company Website SimplyS08 anon1758 elegantivy Bird2016 anon1599 Engineer TK300