Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at GCAPP to join us.

Albert Einstein College of Medicine Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

Great for grad school. Best work life balance I know of, but very dependent on your mentor.

Hocking Athens Perry Community Action Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Bullying and harassment in abundance! Community Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Glouster, Ohio – March 11, 2018 I worked at hapcap for 2 years. At the onset of my employment I thought I had hit the jackpot of all bosses! He was attentive and engaged. That lasted about 4 months when his advances were not returned and I was dropped like a bad habit and left to train myself. I did both his job and mine for 6 months and was promoted to the next level. Within 6 months of my promotion my manager retaliated against my refusal to reschedule a meeting with a poor performance review that completely ignored my work and solely focused on his disappoinmment with the meeting. I then complained to the agency director with a 90 page complaint detailing his bullying and harassment and my boss calmed down ... For a few months... Until another event triggered him in Dec 2017 and this was the announcement of the new executive director, who just weeks after being announced mysteriously resigned. I could go on and on about the injustices employees are forced to endure at this agency but I'm sure you get the point. Besides having to work with man babies and just downright miserable people, the pay is dismal ( for most) while a couple people receive close to if not more than $100,000/year. This was my first non-profit experience and I believe there's more corruption in this agency than anything. I voluntarily resigned bc I couldn't take the harassment and bullying anylonger. My boss responded to my notice of resignation with "congratulations!". He hated his job and was very verbally abusive to staff and made no secret of his disgruntled opinion of other directors, their salaries and anything else so long as someone was listening. Towards the end of my employment my boss began monitoring my office affiliations and concocted a paranoid idea that me and others were conspiring against him. I again complained about my bosses lack of involvement and his monitoring my office affiliations and was dismissed as having a "personality conflict." Well that was just a bunch of BS b/c the executive director is retiring this June and did not want to deal with his director, which btw has worked at hapcap for almost 13 years and has been able to get away with this behavior for the duration. I had been awarded 1.7million in grants and brought $128k in admin fees into the agency whereas my boss did not get a 1.25 million dollar grant funded which jeopardized his employees employment. My boss was very lazy and did as little as possible. Just an awful, awful experience. Further, unless ur hired in at the very bottom, there are very few opportunities for advancement. If you have any ambition whatsoever and want to work in a supportive and encouraging environment, look elsewhere. No sooner than they hire you they will be looking for reasons to get rid of you. The agency has a lot of internal conflict and most people do not get along. Directors use their perceived "power" to intimidate, bully and harass the people that work for them on the front lines. I have a BS from The Ohio State University and 2 semesters in on my masters of public administration at OHIO Univeristy. I wouldn't recommend working here unless on a temporary assignment or you are desperate!

The Black Sheep Agency Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

This is a female-founded, female-led team. The hierarchy is flat, meaning that you can have an impact from day one and there are no barriers between you and the CEO. It's a unique, special place.

SICOM Systems, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

Never go alone in an elevator or room with a male colleague. They know they'll get away with it. Don't give them opportunity. Always have a witness to every confrontation. Women here get retaliatory write-ups for being "hostile" by confronting and reporting men for touch and language.

This company has a rampant sexual harassment and assault issue. Women who come forward about unwanted touching get written up and their jobs threatened. Men are protected by the female HR director, which is truly demoralizing.

Leonard Carder, LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this firm for a couple of years and found it ironic that while they were a labor law firm treated their staff horribly. It pretty much follows your routine hierarchical law firm where the top partners demand the respect and praise of their underlings and treat staff like serfs. The pay was good so most staff put up with being talked down to and a stressful work environment for as long as they could last, which usually wasn't more than 2 years. During my 2 year stint the turnover for paralegals alone was 3. God forbid if you were a working mom with a new born and had to pump in the break room or take time off for parent teacher meetings. While not stated explicitly, the work environment made moms feel this behavior would be frowned upon.

Over time is not overtly required but culturally expected. If employees don't work OT a few times a week they are sidelined and not given major assignments.

Bronto Software Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Bronto and NetSuite make an active effort to put more women in leadership positions. The painful bureaucracy of NetSuite/Oracle makes your job much harder than it needs to be, which leads to increased stress/longer hours.

Halt, Buzas & Powell, Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Very flexible work schedule as long as you are responsible and accountable for your workload. No paid matetnity leave, but can take ample unpaid leave as necessary without fear of losing job.

First Potomac Realty Trust Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company has gone downhill fast since the departure of the CEO.

Savannah College Of Art And Design Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you're a woman, you will probably be hired as an assistant and asked to work for a man who might be great (like my boss was) or might be incredibly demanding for both work and personal tasks that he doesn't differentiate as part of your purview. There's a largely toxic work culture as well, but a lot of great people work there with women in some positions of power. It's a complex setting, so definitely watch your step. I saw quite a few women leave over not being promoted beyond support roles if they didn't fit very particular aesthetics or willingness to sacrifice personal lives.

Akamai Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

Typical tech company - a lot of women working but mostly in support roles. C-level is comprised of all white dudes. The good news is the company recognizes this and is making an honest effort to change but little to show for it so far.