Gordmans

www.gordmans.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Gordmans to join us.

Delaware North Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don’t waste

HR is supposed to be neutral however they are very biased! If you are a person of color or women expect to be treated unfairly

Whitaker, Mudd, Luke & Wells, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Not employee friendly; can be petty and vindictive; environment borders on bullying of those that do not "fit in" as expected; overall feeling of belittling and feeling outcast.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Flexible only for a select few

Small law firm run poorly and not inclusive of all staff members. Pay is dismissal for some and geared to increasing pay of those higher up or included in the "inner circle" as well as shifting the burden of health insurance onto the employee (i.e. they can make it difficult to even get insurance and if you do they switch plans to shift the cost burden to the employee).

Dimension Data Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Negotiate your salary by asking about the company's policy around salary benchmarking and how your skills would be ranked , and where your offer stands on the salary benchmarking (below, at or above the midpoint 50th percentile). That's a data-centric way to have the conversation that taps into a method the company claims to use (but sometimes ignores in favor of small increases against salary history). Once you are "in" increases will be factored on you current salary.

Work from home, video collaboration, "work the hours that work for you" has been very doable in some field roles, less so more traditional corporate roles. Tremendous variance by global region. Pendulum swinging back toward being in the office.

Seek my input around strategy as a thought leader. Even as a senior leader, I've been told to focus on supporting the strategy defined by others (all of whom are men)

Textron Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you have a great team and manager, it can be a great place to work. Upward mobility can be limited if you are unwilling to relocate (in my case, my husband's job made this difficult). They do often relocate working couples together, offering them both jobs so they are improving in this area.

Flexibility varies by function - little flexibility offered within finance teams (where I worked) with long hours required by most. Other departments were much more flexible, seemed very dependent on your individual manager.

Short Term Disability is the maternity policy - you are paid for the time you are medically unable to work at 100%.

Great Wolf Resorts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Maternity leave is not paid, so unpaid is your only option. Insurance benefits are offered but options are not there's only one program. No wellness programs.

One office in Madison offers paid leave, only 4 weeks. This office houses only 1.5% of the company's employees.

RGM Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for a little under a year and had a mixed bag experience. They do not have a clear strategy in mind when it comes to programmatic, and the ops & support teams are tiny and overworked. Veteran salespeople do well, though there are few left. Sellers are now all women, so I would definitely say it is an equal opportunity company when it comes to their hiring process.

Rochester Institute of Technology Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked there for 2 years. My fellow professors were for the most part supportive. The head of the department however would not stop making inappropriate comments about my body and my sex life. He is a man in his 60s with daughters my age. I was extremely uncomfortable and embarrassed to bring it up with someone else. In addition to that, in this school the students are mostly male. I had to deal with some incidents because some of them were sexist. It only happened in one of the 10 courses I taught while I was there though. So overall it's an ok workplace but do expect sexism from the students from time to time. I wish something could be done about old guys that still think it's ok to harass junior female colleagues but unfortunately I think no amount of education or workshops on inappropriate behavior can change those guys. I did find many opportunities to network though. They do have programs for networking for junior faculty and some are tailored for women.

Maersk Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Typical oil industry where there are more men than women, but the women are definitely treated equal

Bessemer Trust Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

I have been at Bessemer for 16 years. It is a wealth management company that focuses on clients as their top priority. While the company expect excellence from everyone at the firm, there is a strong emphasis on balance. Teamwork and collaboration are key to getting the best results for the client. There is a very generous vacation benefit and the company expects everyone to use it. The Chicago office has a high percentage of women in leadership positions.

Edfinancial Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

Great working conditions for women and men. Gives time to family once in a morning shift. Many supervisors are women just as men.