Great Big Story

www.greatbigstory.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Great Big Story to join us.

Red Bull Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Your experience will vary significantly depending on your direct manager.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Timex Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Only offer short term disability for maternity leave, so 6-8 weeks paid depending on delivery and no paid leave for adoption or surrogacy. Can bring a child to work on an occasional basis if school is closed for a holiday, etc.

Used to have flexible hours, but recently changed all to a set 8:30 - 5 schedule. Don't allow even 1-2X per week telecommute on any permanent basis. They do offer unlimited personal and sick time.

First Stop Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Flexible working atmosphere that assumes high committment from employees, but also trusts them set their own schedules.

Spectrum Medical Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

They are fair. However, the bigger they get, the more challenging it is to negotiate salary, benefits, and schedule. It can be difficult to work for a mostly physician group (if you aren't one) as their norm for childcare is a stay at home spouse or full time nanny.

Pay came from me using all of my vacation time and cashing in on short term disability for 60% of my salary.

Recurrent Energy, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

The people are very nice but their outlook on work life balance especially for new mothers and parents are trending backward and somewhat archaic which makes for a stressful environment.

Media Math Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

These apply to any company you considering applying to. If possible, reach out to other women who've worked there for additional perspective. Do thorough research about pay scale for the role to which you are applying. Find a resource to practice salary negotiations if you've traditionally been uncomfortable with this topic. A new job is the best opportunity most of have to receive a significant increase in income. Don't let the opportunity pass you by!

Not for Pay, Hiring

Be mindful of potentially disciminatory practices with respect to hiring, firing and compensation and implementing checks/balances and a feedback system to avoid these pitfalls. Also, perform a quarterly internal audit to monitor performance, pay equity, promotion, attrition and other activies that may suggest female employees are not being treated equitably. Establish an internal advocate whom employees can turn to for help when they are experiencing issues and feel unable to go to their manager. Again, these are things that every company should do.

Electronic Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The benefits are amazing, and I find it to be a family friendly work place.

I was not eligible for the full maternity leave benefits since I had only been there 9 months as a full time employee instead of 1 full year.

Magento Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Unfortunately, over the past several years, the leadership team diversity has evaporated. Women leaders are largely in traditional support roles (HR, Finance, & Marketing). Women are treated with respect - traditional in nature - but not valued as key contributors that deserve a seat and voice at the management table. Only women at the leadership table in the top two levels of the organization are in HR. Several years ago, women led strategy, BD & Sales, Services & Ops and comprised close to 50% of the senior leadership team. The current environment (unicorn focus) does not appear to be oriented to hiring and developing women to be the future heads of BD/strategy, sales, or product - they want established and proven SV execs. If you are in the shared services, you may have a stronger opportunity to grow into a director or senior director role.

Prescott Medical Communications Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a very small company (under 35 employees), and the "small town" feel can be both good and bad-- everybody knows everybody, but it is difficult to navigate in the case of personality conflicts. Fortunately, those are rare! The benefits are incredible. There is 2 weeks paternity/adoption leave at 100%, 12 weeks maternity at 60%, an additional 12 weeks unpaid. The health insurance is 100% free. No premiums, no co-pay, and it's GOOD insurance, and the company pays your deductible into an HSA account, so there is effectively no deductible either. And it's free to add family to the plan, too. There is also a 3% matched SIMPLE IRA that is vested from month 3. Work-life balance is strongly emphasized with half day Fridays in the summer, unlimited work from home (provided you are getting your work done, of course), unlimited sick leave (within reason), 15 days vacation and 5 personal days out of the gate. Most people work 35-40 hours a week. My only criticisms of the company? There are some management bottlenecks where the more junior employees (like me) often find themselves with not a lot to do, while senior employees are swamped. It can feel a bit cliquey as the more senior employees have been here since the company was founded (15 years ago) and the junior employees obviously have not. There is also a slight generational issue, as junior employees often leave for greener pastures once hitting mid-level. I think a big part of that is we are paid slightly less (in exchange for all of these benefits) than big medical communications companies / Pharmaceutical companies, so it's all a question of where your balance lies-- younger men and women with no kids might be better served elsewhere, but this is a very supportive environment to get your feet wet in medical communications and project management

Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

It varies from group to group, but in general Jacobs is very supportive of women and is flexible with our needs. I have never felt like my colleagues and bosses treat me any different. Responsibilities are primarily doled out based on skill level. I am currently working "modified full time," which is flexible from 21 to 40 hrs. a week so I can be there for my 6 month old son. My boss is understanding that this is what my family needs for now, but probably not forever. I still feel respected for my abilities and trusted with important tasks. I just have to leave at 4 to get to daycare. Many coworkers have young children and understand that families do what works for them. There is another mother with younger children who is a Project Manager. I had no issues taking 12 weeks of maternity leave - I was supported by coworkers. I took the leave unpaid - no maternity benefits. Others used a disability policy for 60% of salary for 6 weeks, but you must enroll before getting pregnant. Nobody told me this! Not even HR when I got married. I was angry about that, but otherwise my experience has been positive.