Greatist

greatist.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Greatist to join us.

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

Roger Williams University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Men always get paid higher than women no matter how you negotiate

International Planned Parenthood Federation/Western Hemisphere Region Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Salaries fall higher than the NY nonprofit industry average. They are very transparent about salary ranges for positions, and have clear and transparent standards for promotion/job track. Very generous maternity and paternity leave policy, and they are flexible about scheduling when you do return. Flexible about hours and allowing employees to work from home when possible (esp if you have children). Health insurance is decent, comparable to other NY nonprofits. Good retirement plan (403b). The culture is very woman-positive, diverse and inclusive.

POPSUGAR Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would think about which department you're joining and if you like the people you would be working with.

Surescripts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very bureaucratic.

SAFE Credit Union Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great company, treats their employees very fair and offers great benefits! Really easy to move up (if you work hard your work never goes unnoticed.)

PagerDuty Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a nightmare situation. I knew multiple women who were harassed to the point of filing formal complaints with HR--some even sexually assaulted--and the response was generally to move those women off their jobs and take away their work. Textbook retaliation. The business side is aggressively fratty, with a huge emphasis on drinking culture. Engineering has an intensely embarrassingly low (and shrinking!) number of women, even by Silicon Valley standards, and management on that side is completely clueless to the condescension and discrimination that goes on. Stay far, far, far, far, far away, and I hope someone has the endurance and bravery to figuratively burn them to the ground publicly.

Panasonic Automotive Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 2.5 years currently and feel its a fairly decent company. Not impressed with their paid maternity leave of 6-8 weeks but its seems the standard with the rest of the nation. Would also like if they gave the option of working from home a few days out of the week to be with children like my previous company. However, women here do seem to be recognized for their effort as fairly as our male counterpart.

Diageo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have been here for 5 years. It is a total boys club. Men are seen as more reliable when they have families while the women are made out to be unpromotable once they have children except for a special few. I lost my role when I went on mat leave and a year later am getting pushed into short term role after short term role. It's really sad.

La Grange Area Department of Special Education Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

ALOT of politics and favoritism. Unbalanced work loads