Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Grove to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Herman Miller

50% would recommend
10/25/16, 11:57 AM

Good old boys run the company and view confident/competent women negatively.

Foremost Groups

50% might recommend
9/29/16, 1:29 PM

I think women here are under valued and over worked. They are underpaid and the wage gap is real there.

Foremost Groups

50% might recommend
9/29/16, 1:14 PM

The opinions and concerns of male employees are taken very seriously while the same opinions or concerns are brushed off as complaining or too emotional when brought forward by female employees. Leadership/executive positions are held almost exclusively by men with women only in charge in customer service. Male managers have a very "old school" way of managing and running business.

Maybe. There is room to develop your skills and opportunity to learn new ones. However, there is little room to grow and a very serious wage gap between male and female workers.

Kohler Company

50%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
8/27/16, 4:19 PM

I think, like many large companies, culture is dependent upon the department and exective heads of the department. For me, I feel very much respected as a woman and have not felt diminished due to my gender by anyone internally. The recently added flex time policies are great and were very much needed. I do think there is room for improvement with promoting women beyond the director level positions, seems to be very few female VPs and Ps.

Herman Miller

50% would recommend
8/16/16, 10:35 PM

There are programs in place if you know how to work them and have a progressive work team leader. They are better than average but not up to par with the other progressive thought leadership the company touts.

Exemplis

100%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend
2/9/16, 6:58 PM

If you're looking for a place with job security, this is not it. That said, I worked with some very nice, very flexible and understanding people. I saw many women take maternity leave and return to their positions. And when I took sick leave, they totally stood by me.

Maybe. There isn't a ton of job security -- that's just the culture there.

Drawer Box Specialties

100% would not recommend
12/10/15, 11:55 PM

Worked here for almost 3 years. Women are not highly regarded in the management arena. True "old boys club" there. There is no maternity leave outside of the state required leave.

Donghia, Inc.

100% would not recommend
11/23/15, 10:59 PM

Sales reps do not get paid commission while on maternity lease. This policy is quite unfair, considering that sales reps can work on projects for years before the sale comes through.

lifetime brands

100% would recommend
10/13/15, 2:02 AM

n/a

humanscale

100% might recommend
9/1/15, 3:13 PM

There are not a lot of official policies that support women and especially women with families. Maternity Leave is only what is mandated by the law (FMLA) and the paid portion is only if you have the short-term disability. However if you know your worth and are willing to state your preferences - as opposed to asking for permission - you'll end up with a work/life balance to suit your needs. As a sales organization, it's all about performance - and proving "them" wrong if they don't think a working mother can handle the responsibilities and high growth expectations.

Maybe. If you know your worth and can clearly articulate and negotiate for it, you'll do well - however, women are often overlooked for men when it comes to promotions