Gwinnett Technical College

www.gwinnetttech.edu

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Gwinnett Technical College to join us.

Subaru Canada, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This employer still has more opportunity to show women that they value their contributions by better supporting maternity leave/paternity leave for both men and women.

My employer will allow some flexibility within any accommodation rules within recommended government guidelines to prevent systemic discrimination. They are improving in this area for both men and women who need accommodations but sometimes I believe that the perception on those individuals are negative.

W. R. Grace and Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you have the right manager, it can be a great place to work. Family leave benefits are lacking.

Flexibility is completely dependent on your manager, although policies exist to promote flexibility.

There is no maternity or parental leave policy. Vacation can be used towards being paid during FMLA. Employees are eligible for up to 13 weeks of short term disability at 100% pay.

Fisher-Price Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Not very good work life balance. It isnt said, but they expect you to travel and work long hours to succeed.

Computershare United States Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Do not go there. it is a very hostile environment to women and is completely demoralizing, especially from the top down.

Have consequences for behavior inconsistent with their code of conduct towards men who act out towards women, and who barely skirt the letter of the code.

Greyhound Lines Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't work here if you expect respect for your personal life, want to be promoted or to be valued for your contributions. Do work here if you enjoy working excessive hours, micro-management, minimal pay increases (at most 1-3% annually), no bonuses, blackout dates on when you can take vacation, no time off during any holiday or summer/winter or spring vacations, and minimal training/ staff to help you do your job.

Promote women vs maintaining a "good old boys club", end excessive OT required of management w/o compensation or flex time, improve compensation, improve senior management leadership practices and interaction with all levels of employees

Influence & Co Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

N/a

ThisWeek Community News Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years and most of the women are in predominantly in support roles. The ratio of women to men is 70 percent men and 30 percent women. Women are NOT treated fairly as management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to have their voices heard. Most feedback falls on deaf ears. Suggestions by men get implemented while suggestions by women do not. Women are repeatedly passed over for promotion in favor of a less or non-qualified man. This has happened to me personally. I was passed over for promotion in favor of a less qualified man. I had years of leadership experience garnered from the military and this person (my current immediate boss) did not. Nor was he qualified in the digital content arena. His knowledge was only print. Yet he was elevated to Digital Managing Editor over me (the more qualified person) in 2010. Now I've had to put up with his ineptitude for 4 years (I spent one of those years deployed so that doesn't count 2011-2012). I have only stayed there since due to necessity. I cannot quit as I need what little money I get and I needed the health ins to pay for my recent knee surgery and recovery because the VA refused even though it was service-connected. My recovery is almost complete. I have one more checkup and I'll be released. So then I'll be free to quit this extremely toxic workplace for women and minorities to go somewhere where I will be able to utilize my leadership skills, contribute to the mission/big picture, make a difference and have job and life satisfaction. Nothing will change here. It is most certainly a dead end. No opportunity for growth, no perks, no work-balance (I work 70 hrs a week and get paid for 40). I know as a combat veteran I deserve better!

Elanco Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company took over my previous company in the past year. Senior management is nearly uniformly white, male, Midwestern-US origin, and fundamentalist Christian. The division CEO is a lay preacher; most members of the division exec committee have more than 4 children that are home-schooled by their wives. It's very much a boy's club with little interest in other perspectives. That is one of the reasons I left.

IFD Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

Don't go there. Full stop. The senior managers were a nightmare. Since they were all old white men, anyone with a uterus was immediately ignored and disrespected. When my boss was looking at LinkedIn, he expressed amazement that 'there are so many women working nowadays.' I was stunned. My ideas were ignored or overturned as soon as the old men went for lunch together (I was never invited) and they would come back with a whole new plan than the one we decided on hours ago. Not worth your time One woman is the best employee they have but she only has a manager title, while the men who haven't been there as long and aren't half as competent as her are all directors. What does that tell you?!

Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

I worked there six years and it is a japanese and old boys club. Stay away.