H&R Block http://www.hrblock.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about H&R Block?
Lady socalgal Master Tax Advisor, Tax Preparation

Management is male dominated and not diverse. They pay the men more for the same job during the off season. Boss ignores good suggestions until a man repeats what you just said. Assumption is you did something wrong. Lots of infighting is accepted and encouraged. Have had to take severe sexual harrassment situations into my own hands.

It's a good part time gig. But they are always expecting you to things for free.
Lady Linteweth

This is a seasonal job but you learn a lot, you meet people, and you help people. I've been here for 15 years and there are a lot of women who work here, though there are some men as well. We get along like family.

Lady ladym8 Manager

I worked here for 25 years and there are a lot of women working here, but not in higher management roles. Mid level women don't seem to advance.

Lady Nashga Tax Professional

You control how much you make, take the classes you need to learn more. It does take time to build up your client base and your income.

Lady Nash Tax Professional

As a Tax Professional your income is dependent upon how much time and effort you are willing to put into your business. The more education you get the more you know. It does take time to build up to a decent income.

Madam BlondeLogic

I've been here for 9 years. My position is hourly-paid and during tax season I get a ton of overtime. I have also earned performance incentives and decent commissions. However, there are limited opportunities available outside of tax season. I have also observed that the company rarely hires upper management from the base of seasonal tax pro's and office managers, so there is little promise of upward mobility regardless of gender. My job is best considered a "second job" because I make the majority of my income from self-employment during the 8.5 months outside of tax season. Seasonal associates do not get healthcare benefits.

No daycare available or paid; seasonal.
Lady Anon748

As a tax preparer, we are only seasonal. We need more year round work.

Lady anon1181 Tax prepation

some men who prepare taxes are paid better then woman, woman do not seem to advance

Lady TaxPro Tax Professional

Hours are flexible.

Lady Heaven Tax Professional

I have been working there for 26 years, its mostly women. most upper management is male, they need to treat their employees a lot better, if it weren't for these tax pros, there would not be a company, we make them money, they don't make us money, they need to appreciate us more, we work very hard at what we do.

Women Review H&R Block for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of H&R Block by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.1 stars, based on 16 reviews Company Website Lady socalgal Lady Linteweth Lady ladym8 Lady Nashga Lady Nash Madam BlondeLogic Lady Anon748 Lady anon1181 Lady TaxPro Lady Heaven