Hale Center Theatre

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Hale Center Theatre to join us.

Vivint Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They really value women in leadership as well as technical roles.

Mercury Marine Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be prepared to advocate for yourself and ask for what you want/need. The policies and culture are not up to par with companies of a similar size or global footprint.

As a salaried employee, 6 weeks STD are paid at 100%

Maybe. Depending upon the manager and career goals, you may find them satisfactory. The higher in the organization, the more unequal it becomes.

University of Houston-Clear Lake Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Faculty is very collaborative and senior faculty like to mentor junior faculty. Department chairs are usually very helpful and pro-faculty. The upper administration needs to listen and to seek for input from faculty.

The top positive thing about this place is the flexibility.

The paid weeks were for accumulated vacation time since faculty accrue but don't use it. I took about 10 weeks through FMLA which was all unpaid.

Maybe. The flexible schedule is great. And there are pockets of equity. I have benefited myself from these pockets but there is no organized effort by top level administrators to have policies that promote women faculty.

Counsyl Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Leadership is very male heavy, but the benefits and flexibility and very family friendly.

Xanterra Parks and Resorts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

My experiences stem for working for Xanterra in Yellowstone, and may vary greatly from their other locations. However, Watchdog also recently uncovered a wealth of information about sexual harassment at Xanterra at the Grand Canyon. From a lack of locks on bedroom doors, security personal continuously inviting female employees over to 'watch movies' even after they previously declined, and the presence of overt sexism and homophobia, Xanterra is not a moral nor ethical company in my opinion. Several online communities have been created specifically for past employees to voice their complaints and post warnings about rampant misogyny and bigotry at this company, including rape accusations. I do not have information regarding corporate Xanterra, but for entry-level workers living and working within a National Park, I would push another woman to seek out a different employer.

As an employer that provides room and board for park employees, this employer needs to provide safer accommodations. The security personal and some workers frequently sexually harassed me and others, making us feel uncomfortable in our living situation. Women need to feel safe in their living spaces.

Maybe. Often working at Xanterra allows a woman the opportunity to live and play in a National Park - a one-of-a-kind adventure. However, I have serious misgivings about the levels of sexual harassment that occur on Xanterra property. Do your research before you go, and understand that you may be putting yourself in a vulnerable position.

Tesla Motors Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Tesla is a very "work hard, play hard" environment. It is highly male dominated workforce, so you best have thick skin and be prepared to get shot down and trailed over often. However, it is always a very creatuve

Kabbage Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Kabbage has gone above and beyond for women in the workplace. In terms of leadership - one of the Kabbage co-founders is a woman, and one of the few women leaders in financial technology. I've never felt that men were favored to be hired for, or promoted to, leadership positions. I've always observed these positions being filled based on experience and cultural fit. Further, they partner with several great organizations that promote women in leadership roles, such as Above the Glass. It's October now, which is National Women in Small Business month, and part of the way they're observing this month is by having a Q&A panel at the weekly, all staff Town Hall meeting, where various female Kabbage leaders are asked questions about being women in leadership, in the tech industry. In terms of their treatment of new parents - at both their Atlanta and San Francisco offices, they converted a conference room into a nursing room for new mothers - complete with a cushy rocking chair, a mini-fridge to keep breast milk cool, and even some goodies from small businesses (they're a small business-focused company) like organic breast wipes. Paid maternity leave is 12 weeks, and paid parental leave - for fathers and adoption placements - is 2 weeks. I highly recommend Kabbage as a potential employmer candidate for women in the job market.

OEConnection Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

That there is good work/life balance. It's a good place to work after you've had your kids and won't need maternity leave.

Maybe. Their maternity policy is just fmla so if that was important I wouldn't recommend them on that. It's a good company for someone older who isn't planning on having anymore kids.

Microfinance Information Exchange Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for several years and there is a good mix of men and women in technical and non-technical roles throughout the company. Leadership roles tend to be a good mix as well. Promotion opportunities / career advancement is pretty much non-existent though and the technologies used are years, if not decades, behind the times.

Avaya Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've only been here a few months but what has discouraged me is the gossipy/tacky conversation and behavior amongst the women here. A lot of language, a lot of gossip, and a general lack of self-awareness. Are the women smart? As far as I can tell. Are they kind? Notsomuch. IMHO, kindness isn't weakness. But some women here seem to think it is.

Maybe. Depends on your tolerance for gossip/poisonous culture