Halyard Health

www.halyardhealth.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Halyard Health to join us.

Lindt & Sprüngli Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The opportunity to grow your career is there, but you definitely have to self-advocate. It is respected when you do though.

Department specific. Some are much more flexible than others.

Effective Sept 2017 - Offering 100% pay for 6 weeks for maternity plus 100% pay for 2 additional weeks under new "parental leave" policy plus PTO can be tacked on PLUS flex-time policy can be leveraged to "phase back" into work part time or at a reduced work week schedule.

Alameda County Sheriff's Office Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They treat women respectfully and provide a humane and productive work environment.

Companion Data Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would caution that there is an old school mentality and working from home is not supported. Additionally there is no family leave policy.

My 2 weeks were only paid at 60% of my salary. I had to use all my vacation before any additional support because this employer has a 20 business day waiting period for short term disability to kick in.

Maybe. It's complicated

Vanquis Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very low ration of women to men in managerial roles. Unfortunately the women in the managerial roles aren't given the support they need or they don't have time to coach/support other women in the workplace. It is a hugely male dominated It and projects dept where every day there's just another man measuring his 'wiggly jiggly' against another mans wiggly jiggly. Make sure you sit at the table with everybody else and don't sit back in meeting. Speak up as your opinion counts. Women need a role model and you can be it.

Maybe. In some roles and circumstances yes, in IT or management, no. Unless they're prepared for the male dominated workplace

ACCO Engineered Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

Recognize that you have to show up 110% everyday, the day you slip is the day they think less of you. Women who wear their emotions on their sleeves do not seems to work here for too long, or if they do they are ridiculed by their colleagues (ususally behind their backs), and quite a few of the older men who have been here for 40 years, are sexist and say inappropriate things constantly. There's one employee I can think of that has been reported to HR constantly, and even though our entire HR team (5 people) is female, the company leadership is an old boys club and that one sexist male is still here-even though his job could easily be fulfilled by a monkey.

Maybe. The pay is competitive. Depending on your department most managers seems to really grow their employees regardless of gender, flex time is good. Vacation and Sick time are absolutely AWFUL the first year. However ACCO offers competitive 401(k) and ESOP options. I'm a SWF and the Health plans work out in my favor, but my coworkers with dependents and/or children do not like our health options. In terms of diversity, this company is limited. There are few people of color, especially female POC's.

VMTurbo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Have recently started promoting diversity but it's a sweatshop

Wells Fargo Securities Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked for Wells Fargo for 7 years. The branches i worked in were staffed by almost all women. Executive management is still mostly men, but that's the case in almost any large financial institution. Branch management positions are demanding and don't make a lot of accommodations for family/work balance.

Maybe. I'd 'maybe' recommend WF to anyone.

Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A majority of the technical staff at APL is male (not surprising for the tech industry), but in eight years I've never felt disadvantaged due to my gender. There appears to be more female younger hires, but the older staff who have stayed on for decades skews heavily male. By the same token there are few women in upper management positions, but all command the same level of respect as their male colleagues. Short-term disability paid at 100% salary is available for maternity leave (6 weeks for a vaginal delivery, 8 weeks for a C-section). However the benefit is very poorly documented on the HR website making it difficult to plan ahead without asking questions and alerting the lab to your family plans. I don't think I would've been penalized had they known in advance, but I don't think it's right to expect that level of sharing from female employees either. I was able to take eight paid weeks total between STD and vacation and still had up to 12 weeks unpaid FMLA available to me. My supervisors were also very supportive of my need to pump when I returned to work and a dedicated room was available. Work-life balance is encouraged for everyone in my group, and I don't think I've seen anyone get side-eyed for using flex time or taking time off to attend to family events, sick time, etc. This culture may vary by group across the lab, but I feel the Director's office generally tries to look out for everyone and often notes that its employees are what makes APL a successful organization. Lab benefits are generous, particularly 403(b) matching and free continuing education.

Omniactive Health Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

My team is fully supportive.

Toyota Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Toyota is an awesome place to work, and is great for interns. I was surprised by how many female engineers were in the department where I worked. Everybody was respectful, and I never felt like I wasn't an equal. I worked in the D.C. office, and I definitely recommend Toyota for anybody looking for a valuable, fun, and amazing internship experience.