Hanscom Federal Credit Union https://www.hfcu.org/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Hanscom Federal Credit Union?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Hanscom Federal Credit Union to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Scott Credit Union

100%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
4/3/16, 12:50 PM

They don't offer maternity leave benefits.

SAFE Credit Union

100%say women are treated fairly
100% would recommend
12/14/15, 2:09 AM

It's a great company, treats their employees very fair and offers great benefits! Really easy to move up (if you work hard your work never goes unnoticed.)

Redstone Federal Credit Union

100% would not recommend
11/18/15, 2:51 AM

Because I had been employed by this company for under a year, I was laid off when I took maternity leave. They wouldn't even discuss unpaid leave. They "assured" me I could re-apply, but only after I had been cleared to return to work. Meanwhile, they filled my job before I could return. In truth, I was dreading on the thought of having to return due to the treatment I received. Luckily I locked down a new (better) job within the same week I was to return.

Point Loma Credit Union

100% would not recommend
11/17/15, 7:50 PM

I worked there for 4 years. women are the worker bees and the men are in upper management. The company is white Christian dominated with no acceptance of others. Very little room for advancement. Maternity leave is not generous, California standard. You are looked down upon for taking FMLA. The board and executive management are all white and have done very little to get a multicultural upper management.

Navy Federal Credit Union

50%say women are treated fairly
50% would recommend
11/16/15, 3:54 AM

I loved his company, but FMLA only applies to areas where there are more than 50 employees in a specific geographical radius, so if you work in a branch office which does not have several others nearby, FMLA leave is unavailable. Instead, maternity leave is treated as a short term disability claim, meaning 6 weeks paid at a certain percentage of your salary (8 wks for C-section). It was because of this that I left the company. I returned to work when my child was 7 weeks old and it was just too difficult and expensive. Otherwise, I this this is a fabulous company for women, especially since most of the branches I worked for were staffed by a majority, if not all, women.

Spokane Teachers Credit Union (STCU)

100% might recommend
11/7/15, 3:17 AM

STCU was a great place to work when it comes to most benefits. The culture is pretty good, though if you're in a technology-related department, expect some sexism. STCU only gives the number of weeks they are legally required to for maternity leave. FMLA mandates 12 and Washington state law gives another 6 (8 if you have a c-section). NONE of the hours are paid. They do not value longtime employees who want flexibility after starting a family. I worked there for nearly 10 years and when I asked to go part time after becoming a mother, I was basically told I could either work full time, or quit. I chose the latter. For a company made up predominately of women, they do not treat mothers well.

Maybe. If they don't want the option of going part time after havin ...

Navy Federal Credit Union

50%say women are treated fairly
50% would recommend
11/2/15, 3:27 PM

The company reports that it employs approx. 60% women, however NONE are on the Board and it shows in their maternity leave policies. Women who meet telework requirements for performance and job role are NOT allowed to telework after maternity leave unless they were grandfathered in at the start of the program. Maternity leave cannot exceed the FMLA 12 weeks without getting fired. This company only covers 4 weeks of maternity leave at 75%. You can use annual leave or sick leave to make up the difference, but if your leave drops below 32 hours after you return to work, it reflects negatively on your annual performance review which then reflects in your annual bonus (called PIP at this company). This policy directly targets women who use the full 12 weeks of maternity leave provided by FMLA, then have to take additional leave to care for sick children upon their return to work. While the healthcare in itself is good for the area, the premiums are high to cover a family.

Maybe. Health insurance coverage is very good compared to what is a ...