Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Hapag-Lloyd to join us.

Utah Community Credit Union Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Open gender discrimination is not punished. One supervisor has asked me if/when I plan to have children. The same supervisor has openly admitted to gender based pay discrimination. Another woman in my department has asked what she could do for a raise on a few occasions. On one occasion, he told her, "You make plenty for a woman in [location]." On another occasion, he said, "You'll get remarried soon enough so your pay won't matter." Other discrimination is sneakier. A female coworker and I had been at the company a similar length of time, with similar responsibilities. When she left the company, our hourly pay was nearly the same (no more than ten cents difference). Her male replacement (who had less experience than both of us) was offered nearly a dollar more than I was being paid, 2.5 years into my time with the company. I've heard endless horror stories through the company whisper network. One woman was basically doing a job already but the position hadn't been officially created. She helped write the job description and it was all but promised to her, then a man with no experience in that area was given the position. He had, in his time in a different area of the company, a history of discriminatory hiring practices. He would outright ask women he was interviewing about family status and go as far as to say, "Why would I hire a mother of young children for this job when there are men not responsible for children who could do it?" Female turnover in his area was extremely high.

Sage Hospitality Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Be Aggressive when you want a promotion and be aggressive with demanding learning opportunities

it all depends on the circumstances, I think its conditional if they like you, they are more flexible with your schedule, if they don't like you, its harder to leave early for appointments ect

Opportunity for growth

JARS TD Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

This is a job for a woman with no kids.

This is a delivery driver job long hours and not fit for a woman with kids and a family at home

Alimera Sciences, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

Look somewhere else. There is no pipeline and mgmt is not caring

Santa Barbara City College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The environment is not very friendly. Other employees describe the area as hard. Be assertive.

The employer pretends to be women friendly when when opportunities arise or you exercise your rights they choose the male; a double standard exists. Women and minorities are not valued as much as men for the high paying opportunities.

Southern Wine & Spirits Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The flexibility and perks are great! But if you're in the field, clients can often be a challenge and you're often 'on call' 24 hours.

Parksite Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here over 3 years and most of the women who work here are in support roles. Advancement opportunities are limited and mostly "given" to males. I say given because there is not an internal job posting procedure so nobody finds out about job opportunities until they are filled.

Consol Energy, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The energy industry is male dominated and Consol gave the outward appearance of supporting women. However, in practice, it was far from the truth. For example, the company paid for very expensive private university tuition for an MBA for a male attorney, but would not pay for an LLM in energy management for a female attorney. The HR rep assigned to our department told a pregnant co-worker that she would be promoted upon her return from maternity leave, during which they moved her entire department to a different facility and reassigned her work to a male. She was forced to resign. A management position came open and I was told that it would not be filled for 6 months, and that when the company was ready to hire, the job would be posted. The job was never posted, no interviews were conducted and it was filled by a less experienced male who had no practical experience in performing the core functions of our department.

United States Chamber of Commerce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this organization for 16 months as a junior staffer. Although I received constant praise for going above and beyond my responsibilities, I was not publicly acknowledged for having done so an, more importantly, not given a bonus for the first 12 months. Under appreciation of junior staff was not limited to women, though. From a woman's perspective, the organization has very few women in senior management positions. Because of grant applications, I was able to know individuals' salaries and learned that women make significantly less than their male counterparts at the organization. Pay and incentives seem arbitrary - based more on personal connections or forcefulness rather than an employee's performance. This has likely affected women disproportionately as women tend not to ask (or demand) the same compensation as men. I did take maternity leave and found that I was lucky to have 6 weeks of paid short term disability for a vaginal delivery (8 weeks for Cesarean, only open to mothers who get medical note from their OBGYN) followed by 2 weeks for "baby bonding time" (open to fathers and adoptive parents as well). I realize this is "generous" for the United States, but the HR handling of my leave was less than satisfactory. The policy was not clear -- it is an amalgamation of several policies, nothing specifically written for maternity leave -- and the HR personnel was not careful when explaining my benefits to me.

Reebok International, Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

June 2015

The fitness aspect of the company gives women and opportunity to break through the "boys club" of after work activities.