Hassett Express, LLC hassettexpress.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Hassett Express, LLC?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Hassett Express, LLC to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

31% would recommend

Heavily male dominated, hard physical work in non climate controled building.

31% would recommend

Maternity leave is only 6 paid weeks for regular delivery AND C-section.

I ended up taking an additional 4 weeks (unpaid) of personal leave after my 12 weeks were up because I wasn't ready to go back. It was not an issue.

• 5

Most departments still look down on working from home. Very limited flex-hours, but usually if you had to work from home or get away for an appointment, it was not an issue.
Maybe. Maternity policy is not very good so, if you're not going to have kids, UPS is better for you.

31% would recommend

They are promoting more and more women, however flexibility is limited.

• 5

Maybe. You have to be willing to work long hours. Work life balance is almost non-existent.

31% would recommend

UPS is a great company to be a part of and is really focusing on its diversity and inclusion efforts.

31% would recommend

some areas are very sexist especially uper management and technology

FedEx Corporation

63%say women are treated fairly
63% would recommend

It can be a brutal job for a woman, I'm not particularly girly but I get sick of dirt from boxes all over my skin and face and under my nails and how much heavy lifting I have to do every day. If you have any creative desire you will not enjoy this job.

Shortly I will be needing to take maternity leave, I do not know yet what my company offers.
Maybe. Depends on the person. Some women/people are satisfied with this job and environment. I would never recommend it to a creative person or anyone who wants to feel any sense of accomplishment. It's just a grind.
Have more stringent screening for management positions and continued development of managers.

Australia Post

0%say women are treated fairly
100% might recommend

Genuine flexibility is on offer for those who want / need it but it definitely comes at a price... Very few women currently in senior leadership positions, even if they're experienced, brilliant and prepared to slog it out full time with the boys.

Maybe. There is some hope on the horizon under the Chief Customer Officer.

FedEx Corporation

63%say women are treated fairly
63% would recommend

Long hours

31% would recommend

It is still a boys club.

Maybe. Get experience & get out!

31% would recommend

Culture is very intense and conservative. New ideas aren't really welcomed. Emphasis on years worked at UPS, so even into my third year I am still considered "new." And that's a liability. There are so many women who don't have kids (I am one of them) that have been here forever (I have not) and have totally bought into the male-dominated environment. They are workaholics, hate flex-time, don't use their telecommute day, etc. I am currently working for a micro-manager who treats me like this is my first job out of college but I'm almost 10 years into my career. It's common to have your managers dictate emails to you as a way of bringing you into a project. Many people work all night, every night. Raises are not even at the rate of inflation and the review process is a joke. My last manager had rated me as the top performer, but his boss (director) had worked closely with someone else on my team who had worked on a high-profile campaign and he inisted that my colleague (who is a man) get the top performer. The director went to the VP and HR and made my manager change every single rating for his entire team in the system. My manager was a man, but was without a doubt the most female-friendly boss I've ever had. While I'm sure this happens in many large organizations, it's still completely corrupt. Women have judged other women harshly and negatively for using all 12 weeks of their FMLA (of which only 6 are paid as part of Short Term Disability). It's CRAZY. It's very much a top-down environment and contructive dissent is not tolerated at the upper-levels of management, even though it's supposed to be a core value. Negative, fear-driven, lacking innovation, too much ego, old-fashioned/living in the past...stay away.

Facebook