Head Start For Kent County

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Head Start For Kent County to join us.

J.D. Power and Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be aware that most men will not take your advice even though you are the content area expert. There seems to still be a culture of a boys club. There is also limited opportunity to hire into an executive position.

There is great flexibly. The company provides for maternity and paternal leave as well as lets employees leave early if needed. Although it does depend on your manager but overall they do a pretty good job.

Maybe. It probably depends on if you are hiring in new versus trying to obtain a promotion. There are a lot of women mid-level managers but to rise any higher is near impossible. The company tends to promote only men to senior level position. If you are just starting out then it's a great place to gain experience rather than grow your career.

Allegheny College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Work/life balance is excellent. Administrators are fair and the shared governance works well across all levels of employment, from hourly staff to admins to faculty. Everyone has a say in the process.

Lincoln Media Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Awesome place to work. Almost all staff is femenine and that have pros an cons, but mainly it's a good place to work.

Improve management, workflows and stuff like that. Everything else is awesome!

Georgia Tech Research Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Really great place to work. Promotion is laid out clearly, and not based on office politics.

Phacil Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Phacil used to have a lot of women leaders. When I started, a woman was my immediate manager, another was her manager, and there were several women with the title "Director." When I left, there were literally only white men between me and the CEO.

Rolls-Royce Limited Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked there for two years and did see sexism, informally, in the culture there. Boys club bawdy jokes and that old male mentality. Not alot of female role models but they formally are trying to improve. Party line is good, it will just take years to filter down to the pezons. Very superficially diverse. Difficult for young women to make friends.

Maybe. There is certainly an informal culture of sexism as engineering is mainly old men who are used to saying what they like. No female role models in positions of authority. Still very one sided in terms of when you have a child, this affects the prospects of women more than men. It's not so bad but still a boys club. The worst is when men interrupt you, speak over you or repeat what you say in a meeting

Ferro Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Management here in the technical sphere is very male. Lots of old school, east coast, boys club attitudes. Was taken off of a project because potential eh &s issues "endangered" my breastfed infant. The attitudes towards women aren't outwardly sexist, they just carry a lot of "traditional opinions" that are just concealed benevolent/subconscious sexism. If you are a female scientist here you will be treated as the group secretary. It's epidemic.

Cultural Care Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You need to be veeery careful with your host family

United States Chamber of Commerce Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this organization for 16 months as a junior staffer. Although I received constant praise for going above and beyond my responsibilities, I was not publicly acknowledged for having done so an, more importantly, not given a bonus for the first 12 months. Under appreciation of junior staff was not limited to women, though. From a woman's perspective, the organization has very few women in senior management positions. Because of grant applications, I was able to know individuals' salaries and learned that women make significantly less than their male counterparts at the organization. Pay and incentives seem arbitrary - based more on personal connections or forcefulness rather than an employee's performance. This has likely affected women disproportionately as women tend not to ask (or demand) the same compensation as men. I did take maternity leave and found that I was lucky to have 6 weeks of paid short term disability for a vaginal delivery (8 weeks for Cesarean, only open to mothers who get medical note from their OBGYN) followed by 2 weeks for "baby bonding time" (open to fathers and adoptive parents as well). I realize this is "generous" for the United States, but the HR handling of my leave was less than satisfactory. The policy was not clear -- it is an amalgamation of several policies, nothing specifically written for maternity leave -- and the HR personnel was not careful when explaining my benefits to me.

Maybe. Yes because there is some paid maternity leave, which is better than many other organizations. If you are not going to need that leave, though, I would not recommend working here. Women are paid significantly less than men and during my time with the organization (CIPE, an affiliate of the US Chamber of Commerce), there were only two women in senior leadership and more than a dozen men.

Optiver Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Not many females, making it difficult to learn. Women preferred as sales-traders