Health Alliance Plan

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Health Alliance Plan to join us.

XTO Energy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While I don't feel that this is the culture at Exxon (and we won't be in Fort Worth for much longer), XTO still works on the "good ol' boy" system. I am a married woman who doesn't want children, and I am viewed as cold and less "womanly" by other women. Male managers (not my current manager - I will say he is a good one) still, in 2017, make snide remarks about how they don't believe I don't want children (actually just none of their business, but if it involves potential maternity leave, they think it is). I am darned if I do and darned if I don't. The women who have seen success at XTO are those who already have children.

Maybe. I don't believe the pay gap is anywhere near as wide as it was before we were purchased by Exxon. Before that, it was well beyond the 70-something percent that you always hear quoted. Now, it still might not be as bad as the rest of the O&G industry, but it very much still exists, and it is most obvious when men are promoted above women when women perform better. They have a few women that they have picked to be in the spotlight, and that's wonderful. But for the general female population here, we are still lagging behind.

Godiva Chocolates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

as a part time there are few benefits but as a company, and for retail, they are divers and good to their employees.

It largely depends on your position and your boss. My boss is not the best but I have worked under other fantastic managers at this company who I would do anything for.

I have no children

The Douglas Stewart Company, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I didn't know you could actually like where you're working.

20/Twenty Eyecare Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Small business but very sweet and loving, everyone treats each other like family.

Ellevate Network Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Ellevate is a great place to work. It is an organization committed to closing the gender achievement gap in business.

City of Philadelphia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for 4 years. yes, there are women in leadership roles but the support staff is entirely female and treated differently due to their gender. there are no promotions and no raises. because it is union no one really works hard especially because there is no incentive.

Biogen Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Excellent benefits, good salaries, opportunities for growth, and paid maternity leave.

Expeditors International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is for CHQ-IS of Expeditors International, in Seattle, Wa and does not include work environment at Expeditors branches or the CHQ business side. The IS department is getting more even, gender-wise, over time. There are many women in a variety of positions in IS, including QA, developers, supervisors, project managers, managers, and higher. Several of the product executives are women as well. The work environment is fairly low stress (depending on deadlines), supportive, collaborative, and decidedly non-'brogrammer'. I have not experienced any gender-based discrimination thus far in my three years here. I have noticed several women go through pregnancies, go on leave, then come back and continue working, though I haven't talked with them about it. I do know of a few cases of women deciding to quit to stay home with children, but do not think that was company-related, more their choice. The vacation policy is not as progressive as many tech companies. You get 2 weeks (no rollover) starting, go to 3 weeks at 3 years, 4 weeks at 10. There is no flex-time option as yet, though employee demand has management considering it and they have promised a decision by the end of 2015. The maternity leave policy is a little tricky to understand, but is a little more generous than other states because Washington is covered under both the state's Family Leave Act (12 weeks) and a required pregnancy disability leave (6 weeks). That gives you at least 18 weeks for maternity leave because the FLA doesn't kick in until after pregnancy disability leave ends, and depending on your recovery period, you might get more disability leave. As for getting paid during leave, you must use any accrued paid time off to do so. That means vacation and any sick days you have. Once those are gone, if you've added short term disability to your insurance benefits, you can use that to get a percentage of your usual salary. (more info here: http://lni.wa.gov/WorkplaceRights/files/FamilyLeaveFAQs.pdf) As for other parent leave, Washington State's FLA also covers partners, so they can take 12 weeks unpaid leave as well. The only hitch is if both you and your partner work for the same company and you child is healthy, then you have to share those 12 weeks, you don't get a combined 24.

Maybe. If you intend to become a parent, I would look for a company with better parental leave and flex time policies.

Raining Rose Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

it sucks

Lockton Companies Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2015

I worked in the UK and reported to a manager that was completely sexist and created a quite cut throat and hostile environment. Not all members of staff were held to same standard. In fairness I worked there during a time of transition. The culture was "cult" like as described by the COO at the time M. Frost. Key values were replaced by the "Lockton 10 commandments".