HEICO Corporation

www.heico.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at HEICO Corporation to join us.

Smith and Partners Lawyers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Currently the firm is 85% women. Women make up 70% of Management. The firm is very family friendly and focused on work life balance, health and wellness at work and at home. Super friendly, super flexible.

Peak Security Guards Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you want low pay, no vacation (1 week after 1 full yr of service, 2 weeks after 2 full yrs of service, and 3 weeks after 6 full years of service), lack of communication, disorganization, then come work here. Yes, I am looking for other opportunities :-)

It's a regional company of about 300 employees in a competitive, not very respected industry. Takes years to earn 3 weeks vacation (6).

Getgo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

The rules were enforced based on whether your boss liked you

Enforce policies equally

Lowcountry Bistro Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This isn't a career. It's a restaurant and not something to consider long term

Give me an opportunity to grow

Murphy USA Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you have a family forget spending time with them. You have a very minimum crew and if one of them calls out you are forced to cover because overtime is not allowed. I had to work 80+ hours for 3 weeks straight because my district manager couldnt get himself together to send in paperwork for newhires. I was on my paid vacation, had to come back to my store to fire an employee on district managera say so and work saod employees shift. Because this company does not allow overtime and you are considered free labor because you are salary. Roads bad because of ice? U still have to go in. Risk yiur life. Offer to put you in a hotel closer to store? No. This company is terrible. Had a fellow store manager get pregnant, when she ae back from her 4 week maternity leave they demoted her. I missed the first 2 years of my own childs life because of this job. Finally I just said the money was not worth it.

Voice of America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a government agency, so maternity leave (unpaid) is mandatory, and women save up their vacation days and sick leave in order to keep getting paychecks during their time off. Flexible schedules and telework are allowed in many if not most jobs, and some of the offices that are run by women (and some men) are reasonably fair. However, the Central News division is led by a disproportionate number of male managers whose political and sexist biases favor male subordinates, topics for news coverage, and male anchors and interviewees. Additionally, although it has long been U.S. government policy to promote an increase of permanent part-time professional positions, which are urgently desired by many employees, especially women, the agency has refused the requests of many full-timers who want to convert to schedules of up to 4 days a week.

Maybe. It is a big organization, and some departments and supervisors are far better or far worse.

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this company for more than 6 years. I left a job which paid significantly more because this job offered benefits (vacation, sick, health insurance, 401(k), and when taking all of these things into account, the total compensation was close to what I was making. I was promised regular performance reviews and told I could expect raises commensurate with the quality of work I performed. In the first couple of years, I had a couple of reviews and got only minimal raises in spite of excellent work product. After the first couple of years, a "moratorium" was put on future raises. Profanity goes unchecked in this workplace. Although multiple people reported one particular person's frequent use of the c-word, this employee was only ever reprimanded and sent home for a day or two. For more than 6 years this went on, and to my knowledge, the employee is still there. (He is their largest money-maker) On several occasions, I discussed company morale with the CEO. Nothing was done. Management is more interested in profit-taking than in the people who work for this company. The paralegals are vastly underpaid given the work they do. When I did finally give my notice, and brought up the CEO's failure to deliver on regular reviews/raises, blame was passed to me for failing to ask for such. In my opinion, raises are given as a reward for excellent work. It should not be up to the employee to demand them. Finally, in light of the "moratorium" which was never "lifted," why would any person believe the request for a raise would be granted—particularly when it was common knowledge many requests for such had been denied, even prior to the moratorium. The culture of this business is toxic.

Electronic Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I occasionally (every few weeks) encountered subtle racism and sexism in dialogues with colleagues and managers while working at Electronic Arts. It was more evident when looking solely at who was promoted vs. not promoted.

Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

March 2015

the company is less flexible today with client facing employees however some jobs can be done in flex time

Builders of Hope Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2014

BOH is an organization that seeks to reintegrate folks with chronic mental illness back into the community. I thoroughly enjoyed working with all of my clients but encountered a client who physically threatened me and frequently transgressed my boundaries. When I needed support from management, I received empathy and respect from the women I worked with but found no genuine seriousness from the men. As the blatant sexism began to reek, I quit.