Helix Energy Solutions

www.helixesg.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Helix Energy Solutions to join us.

University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I love what I do, but the number of vicious women in this business is horrible. If people are afraid of you, they will attempt to blackball you from getting promotions.

Maybe. If you are willing to be passed up for promotions you are equally qualified for and don't mind pitiful pay, it is the job for yo u.

Manifest Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Stick up for your values and benefits. Be sure to ask for pay based on your value. Don't expect anyone to pay your fairly otherwise.

Air Products Equipment Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The job is great and enjoyed working with the customers. Each manager has different expectations and tends to favor certain employees, so this can cause problems. Some managers will even admit that some employees are dishonest or not that competent, but because they kiss up to them . . . . . they allow it.

Equal performance expectations for all employees. Quit favoring those who kiss up to certain managers and discriminating against those who give respect to the managers, but are more concerned about customer and doing their job. Many managers and supervisors have very big egos and don't treat employees fairly. Their concern is not about serving the customers and doing a good job . . . it is more about their egos.

Maybe. Good pay, benefits, work responsibilities, but really bad management and not set performance expectations. Favoritism and Discrimination can make it really unpleasant.

Mott MacDonald Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Check the local policies before you start. They are not all the same.

Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo PC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The firm as a whole has excellent policies and benefits. The working environment varies greatlly from practice group to practice group.

Maybe. It would depend on which section they were joining. Some are better than others.

Henry County Schools Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Fair company.

Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A majority of the technical staff at APL is male (not surprising for the tech industry), but in eight years I've never felt disadvantaged due to my gender. There appears to be more female younger hires, but the older staff who have stayed on for decades skews heavily male. By the same token there are few women in upper management positions, but all command the same level of respect as their male colleagues. Short-term disability paid at 100% salary is available for maternity leave (6 weeks for a vaginal delivery, 8 weeks for a C-section). However the benefit is very poorly documented on the HR website making it difficult to plan ahead without asking questions and alerting the lab to your family plans. I don't think I would've been penalized had they known in advance, but I don't think it's right to expect that level of sharing from female employees either. I was able to take eight paid weeks total between STD and vacation and still had up to 12 weeks unpaid FMLA available to me. My supervisors were also very supportive of my need to pump when I returned to work and a dedicated room was available. Work-life balance is encouraged for everyone in my group, and I don't think I've seen anyone get side-eyed for using flex time or taking time off to attend to family events, sick time, etc. This culture may vary by group across the lab, but I feel the Director's office generally tries to look out for everyone and often notes that its employees are what makes APL a successful organization. Lab benefits are generous, particularly 403(b) matching and free continuing education.

Redwood Coast Energy Authority Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Upper management is entirely men. Although they have good intentions, they generally perpetuate the male-dominated work place.

Maybe. There are few organizations in the area that do this work.

Baylor College of Medicine Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been in this position for 3 years. There a lot of women working here however they are not treated fairly my management. Nepotism is a big issue.

Kellogg Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Kellogg consistently gets high ratings in Working mother and other publications, but i believe this is due to the skewed data from our headquarters office and not R&D. I have watched many working mothers trying to adapt back into the workforce and while some have success moments, i feel there is still a stigma an set back on the career track for taking time off. I have no known anyone to take more than the 12-13 weeks, even unpaid as it is looked down upon. Kellogg also touts benefits of flexibility with working from home or alternate arrangements, but would call these phantom benefits because if you ask your manager to take advantage of the benefits, there are many reasons telling you why you shouldn't or can't. Additionally, if you don't even have a child, there is no reason why you can actually use flex time or work from home either.

Maybe. If you already have older children and are established then sure. But if you are considering starting a family, no.