Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at HJ Sims to join us.

Regis Corp Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I can speak to headquarters, not our salons. We do have a lot of amazing people and a majority of women below Vice President, and it’s a fun and collegial place to work.

I work at headquarters, in Minneapolis. New CEO (started 4/2017) has really pulled back on flexibility, saying people should not be working from home and ending the summer Fridays policy. It’s been a big culture shift.

Austin Police Department Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The benefits of working for the Police Department or any department within the City of Austin can't be beat. I highly recommend working for the City of Austin.

Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Massive glass ceiling, very unfriendly to family centered women, key people openly hostile to women (and tolerated), too many old people in charge who fear/dont understand distance working/modern computing, place is not quality oriented, just volume oriented/uninterested in differing opinions or innovation (especially if it comes from a woman)/women who get ahead are good little handmaiden types.

Flexible if you recognize that any deviance from what is considered optimal will prevent promotion and pay raises.

Reward innovation, recognize the value of different types of approaches, use local expertise, remove tiered systems bases on favoritism and sucking up.

Digistream Investigations Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be very careful working here, I was harassed by various men who had higher positions. When I reported that a male coworker asked me out three times in a week, the male management specifically told me not to tell the female HR director. Managers and male coworkers called me "sensitive" and called me "girl" instead of using my first name. I also got insulting questions like "what day of the week do women usually get their hair cut?" It is a very male-oriented environment and it's very difficult to be viewed as more than simply a person with a specific gender. I was always viewed as just a woman. As I was leaving the company, my then-manager recognized that I was unhappy with my lack of professional growth at the company and suggested that he set me up with one of his male friends to get me to be happy.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Fundamentum Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great empowering place to work, run by parents. Unfortunately it has now downsized to a one-person consultancy.

Ovuline Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There will hopefully never come a day when harsh criticisms or misogyny come into play in the Ovuline workplace. We are an inclusive culture who appreciates all backgrounds and ideas and strive to empower women each and everyday in our industry.

California Institute of the Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Low, low, low pay and the illusion of gathering different opinions but the decisions have already been made by someone in upper administration. The students are practically ready to grab pitchforks and burn someone at the stake for the astronomical tuition prices and lack of scholarships. It makes for a very hostile environment at times. The student body today is made up of mostly wealthy kids who expect to get what they pay for and they have little substance in their work. It's not that most of them are horrible, it is only that they lack the life experience that would be incorporated in an artwork by someone who had more adversity in their lives. This school is not what it used to be or at least what I was lead to think it used to be. There is still a great deal of intellectual rigor among much of the faculty but even that is disappearing as more full time professors are gone and they are being replaced indefinitely by Adjuncts working 2-3 other jobs.

Ripple Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While there aren't very many women on the engineering teams right now, they are making an excellent effort to hire more (and they're making progress). My boss (and some coworkers) make a concerted effort to talk to me about my experience at the company and any improvements I think need to be made from my experience as a woman on the team. I feel like my opinions and experiences are valued and respected. The company also has a great work/life balance. You aren't expected to do work on the weekends and most people are out of the office by 6 or 7 every evening. We have an unlimited PTO policy, but not an official maternity/paternity policy which is worrisome. A few people have taken paternity leave since I've been at the company, but I haven't been here long enough for someone to take maternity leave (not too many women...). One employee only took a week for his paternity leave while the other took a month or two, I think it was personal preference.

Advanced Micro Devices Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are very few women in the engineering ranks at AMD. Although we have a woman CEO, there are no women VPs and very few women directors in any technical/engineering role.

Triton Container Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very old-school, male dominated leadership.