Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at HollyFrontier Corporation to join us.

First Consulting, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2018

The owner is a wonderful person. He truly cares about his employees and thanks us at every opportunity. He will pick up the phone and call you to check in and if you ever have a concern, he will address it quickly.

Adorama Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2018

Avoid at all costs. Maybe it will work for you, if you're part of their "majority" but if not you will be subject to blatant and subtle sexism and misogyny. No matter what they tell you at the interview, it will be worse when you work there.

Many people have to check-in/out whenever they leave the room that they're in. They have a time card system that everyone has to use. You actually end up working more than 40 hours a week because of their hours, and some people abuse that by working from home without permission.

There are many people who work here who are simply incompetent. They didn't go to college and were trained on the job, by people who learned as they went. This leads to many people simply not knowing what they're doing. It makes it difficult to work in a professional manner, according to standards set by your profession or industry. As far as working there, as a woman, the men get offended if you wear professional attire that doesn't follow their conservative dress code standards, such as by wearing a short-sleeve t-shirt. Also some people smoke indoors.

Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

Things may change now that the CEO recently retired and they are looking for a new CEO.

BMO Harris Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

It's a great place to work as a woman, and I've truly seen diverse hiring in practice at BMO. That said, be wary of being under-compensated by a great deal, and having to fight to get what you should be earning. The pay grade system actively contributes to income inequality.

My current position supports some flexibility for working from home, but depending on the manager can be restricted.

I have not taken maternity leave, but the benefits/maternity/paternity leave at BMO Harris is excellent

UniCredit Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is very hard to get a promotion; lohg hours

FSG Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

I believe that FSG is a special place to work; people are highly intelligent, brilliant thinkers, and truly believe in using their skills to make a difference in the world. Generally, I think that the firm tries and very badly wants to value women and diversity. However, in my experience, it is still a company that is highly wed to a traditional consulting model making it very difficult to actually live this value. Rarely, during my tenure, did I see the organization able to move outside its traditional model; instead employees were generally required to conform to that model. For those employees that were not able or willing to find a place within that model they usually ended up leaving. This usually included young mothers and racial minorities. Also, opportunities for women to find strong mentors varied. Some offices had senior women that acted as mentors and support, however the office I predominantly worked out of had no senior female leaders. Only after leaving did I realize how profoundly different my experience might have been had I had a strong mentor or support to guide me. Finally, I think the firm still has a lot of work to do when thinking about working mothers. I left the firm once I started a family because the model was just unsustainable for me despite a reduced schedule. FSG is the most intense place to work that I have ever experienced (more so than the for profit strategy firm I worked for prior to FSG). People are typical type A strategy consultants but are motivated more by having an impact and less by pay. This leads to a culture where the work is never enough--you can always have more impact. Impact is an acceptable motivation to put before your family. This culture meant that it was very difficult for me to step back on a reduced schedule; to me it felt like the expectations never changed. I continually felt like I was under-performing at my job and under-performing with my family. On a tactical level, firm provides 6 weeks of maternity leave and also provides 6 weeks of paternity leave to men; women can also take additional unpaid time off. 6 weeks is just not realistic for working mothers particularity for a firm that hopes to be cutting edge on diversity and women's issues. It's forward thinking to provide paternity leave, but the policy implies to me that somehow men bear the same level of responsibility when it comes to giving birth-- which when when you are only given six weeks is really what you are still recovering from. This policy also puts women who are the primary breadwinner or who have fewer family resources at a distinct disadvantage over those that can afford to take unpaid time off and properly recover from the impact of bearing a child.

Opportunities For Ohioans with Disabilities Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Despite it being flex schedule, it is pretty rigid. They do micromanage.

lynda.com Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

This is a company that was founded by a woman, and women are valued and treated equally. There are more men than women in traditional roles, however.

The American Association of Immunologists Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

I should have ran after they let the Operations Manager and the VP go. This company is completely unethical to both women and men.

U.S. News & World Report Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2014

I've worked here for one year so far and am expecting my first. I have not told my boss yet about the baby so I am unsure of how he will react. I did speak to a co-worker about her experience and she has not been happy since having her first in December and has just announced that she is resigning to go to another company. I am fairly certain that after maternity leave I will have to look for another company with flexible hours.