Homeownership Preservation Foundation

homeownershippreservation.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Homeownership Preservation Foundation to join us.

Princess Cruises Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We have nice pump rooms, standard CA maternity leave, great cruise vacation benefits and flex/alternative work schedule

Varies greatly depending on the department, and management

I used all accrued sick/vaca time, and SDI and CaPFL.

Kansas Humane Society Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A majority of the employees for this organization are women and support one another. This is a diverse and accepting workplace.

Sterne Kessler Goldstein and Fox PLLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think that the firm really does a lot to make sure it is competitive in terms of benefits and work/life balance.

Flexibility appears to be very specific to who you are working with; there are no formal telecommuting policies in place, but I know a number of people who have worked out part-time or full-time telecommuting situations with their supervisors. There is also an option for "balanced hours," so someone can formally reduce the numbers of billable hours required per year for a similar fraction of their "full" salary.

Children's National Health System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women in pediatrics in general- the outpatient division (Goldberg Center) is fairly diverse, and responsive to women at all levels. However Children's has gotten so big that the bureaucratic red tape in general is extremely frustrating- both with the ridiculously slow onboarding process, and with finding answers from HR... Regarding maternity leave, my medical director encouraged me to take as much time as I needed- Children's now offers a 6 week paid parental leave for all employees who have been there >12 months; I would also recommend signing up for short term disability in advance of getting pregnant for extra paid leave (which you also have to have a year in advance). Beyond that the official policy from HR is now that you cannot use sick time beyond that 6 weeks paid parental leave (can use vacation time or unpaid leave only), but since it is a new policy managers for each department may allow sick time or ASSLA to be used as well. The Hartford Group administers the paid parental leave, short-term disability, and FMLA policies- DC offers 16 weeks FMLA, better than the national policy.

Measured Progress Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

In the four years I've been here, there has been an increase in the number of women in meaningful, impactful leadership roles. This is a positive change. I feel that the company is now well-balanced in terms of voices heard by leadership; it's no longer led by men, with women limited to lesser/less impactful roles.

Sarasota Orchestra Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While women are in no way treated as inferiors here, many leadership roles are filled by excellently capable women, the politics and morale of this organization is poor overall. Within the ranks of musicians, the environment tends to be extremely cliquish and unsupportive when the rubber really meets the road. There are good people here, but the big picture climate is relatively inhospitable.

REI Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked there for a year and a half part time while I was in school. I had a really supportive boss, and was offered a full-time position if I wanted it, which would have been my entree into making a career in the company. I didn't, but I appreciated that they appreciated me.

Amundi Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I had worked there for 2 years before going on maternity leave for 7 months. Employees in the HQ in Paris got a much better deal (might have been French maternity rights though), I got 3 months full pay and then it reduced to statutory government pay for the rest(pretty standard in financial services). HR was useless at keeping in touch or offering keeping in touch days/advice(i.e. no contact whatsoever). My new boss on my return couldn't cope with my part-time status (even though I was getting all my work done) and all my client contact was taken away meaning my role turned into, effectively, a data input role! I challenged HR about it but nothing was done and I eventually left after 8 months as it was untenable.

Lockheed Martin Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.8

I worked on a large software system for nearly 4 years. There were a few other female software engineers but most women were in system engineering or management roles. I was often the only female on a team. With that said, my managers and teammates were very respectful and treated me like an equal, if anything they were almost too worried about making me feel excluded!

J.C. Penney Company, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

I worked at JCPenney for probably two years after college while looking for a teaching job. I covered many different positions in a small store including the sales floor and unloading trucks. For the most part everything was good, my biggest problems were straight up management within the corporation. Those were a lot of the type of issue every major employer would have. What really irked me, though, was one of my coworkers who was a week away from giving birth on Black Friday. She was forced to do the same 7 hour and 6 hour shift as everyone else despite the fact that she could barely stand at times and her feet were about twice their normal size. Other coworkers and myself protested this and asked that our shifts be extended so that she wouldn't have to work this, but to no avail. She wasn't supposed to sit on the shift but we covered for her so she could sneak a rest every now and then. I understand that in order for them to keep things equal everyone has to work Black Friday, but the truth is equal isn't always fair. I also know that in other stores older ladies (including an 80 year old) were forced to do the same kind of shift. Overall I had a good experience at Penney's, but I feel that they need to look into how they treat their employees when there are extenuating factors such as being ready to give birth any day.