I like working for HTC because the team is great, and it's a very positive and collaborative working environment. It's fun to work on the latest technology, and with a woman as the CEO, the culture is pretty good when it comes to gender-related issues (for the most part--our parental leave is the exception here). However, as a company, they are cheap when it comes to salaries (even after a 15% raise last year, I am probably still paid about 25% less than the industry average, and I'm a top performer), and extremely stingy when it comes to parental leave (only 1 week paid).

There is 1 week of paid parental leave. The amount of unpaid leave (beyond the 12 unpaid weeks mandated by FMLA, for employees who have worked here more than a year) is more or less up to the manager's discretion, as far as I can tell. Employees are encouraged to use their sick time, PTO, or go on short-term disability (which I believe pays 60% of the person's salary, for a limited time). I find this offensive; any person interested in becoming a parent in the near future should definitely avoid HTC.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. Only if you are not expecting to have children while working here. Our paid parental leave policy is downright EMBARRASSING, especially given that we are a large (ish) technology company. Parents only get 1 week of paid leave. They are encouraged to use their sick time and PTO (!!!!!!!!!), as well as short-term disability, if they want more than 1 week. This is madness. Otherwise, I think it's a good place to work.

N/A