HTC Corporation

"I like working for HTC because the team is great, and it's a very positive and collaborative working environment. It's fun to work on the latest technology, and with a woman as the CEO, the culture is pretty good when it comes to gender-related issues (for the most part--our parental leave is the exception here). However, as a company, they are cheap when it comes to salaries (even after a 15% raise last year, I am probably still paid about 25% less than the industry average, and I'm a top performer), and extremely stingy when it comes to parental leave (only 1 week paid). "
One thing HTC Corporation can improve?
"There is 1 week of paid parental leave. The amount of unpaid leave (beyond the 12 unpaid weeks mandated by FMLA, for employees who have worked here more than a year) is more or less up to the manager's discretion, as far as I can tell. Employees are encouraged to use their sick time, PTO, or go on short-term disability (which I believe pays 60% of the person's salary, for a limited time). I find this offensive; any person interested in becoming a parent in the near future should definitely avoid HTC."
Would you recommend HTC Corporation to other women?
"Only if you are not expecting to have children while working here. Our paid parental leave policy is downright EMBARRASSING, especially given that we are a large (ish) technology company. Parents only get 1 week of paid leave. They are encouraged to use their sick time and PTO (!!!!!!!!!), as well as short-term disability, if they want more than 1 week. This is madness. Otherwise, I think it's a good place to work."
"N/A"
Would you recommend HTC Corporation to other women?
"Depending on your manager"