Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at IFTTT to join us.

Soudal Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

Make sure clear understanding of job description is understood, scope of job changed after I accepted the job.

Welk Resorts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Scripted but allows customer interaction, asking questions and active listening required.

Bernard Financial Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be prepared for the REAL Experience at BFG...the president, Dennis Bernard is at best a terrible example of how to treat your employees, and at worst should be turned in for sexual harassment.  He has no problem crushing the morale of those who work for him.  As a new employee I asked a co-worker if she thought he liked me, and her response was: has he made you cry yet?  Soon enough he did, and the constant public criticism, scolding and browbeating of people created a horrible work environment.  He would blow up at anyone for the smallest clerical error, or mistake that had zero lasting consequences.  He was very clear that he need not be nice or good looking because he's rich.  He made sexual comments on a daily basis, disgusting jokes, sexual stories, and if you didn't find it funny, you would be ignored then berated for "something".  No one should have to endure such treatment, and unfortunately several people still do.  I would not recommend working for him to my worst enemy, that is not to say the company as a whole is terrible, it simply is for those who work directly for him.

Cuningham Group Architecture, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

Cuningham Group has shown flexibility with regard to work/life issues for all employees.

I did, but it was 20 years ago, and the office was much smaller, so benefits were not as rich as they are now. The office was very flexible with my time.

National Security Agency Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most of the sexist behavior I have experienced has come from those in management (including women) and their favored employees. Promotions are scarce and are based on favoritism. Harassing women, spreading gossiping, or taking credit for the work of others is subtly rewarded. Managers rule through passive aggression and retaliate against anyone who tries to change the culture or stand up for themselves.

Be supportive of women who have been sexually harassed rather than retaliatory.

West Elm Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a great place for women to feel empowered in the work place. Time off is limited and not competitive in the NYC market. Maternity leave is also not good.

FSG Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

I believe that FSG is a special place to work; people are highly intelligent, brilliant thinkers, and truly believe in using their skills to make a difference in the world. Generally, I think that the firm tries and very badly wants to value women and diversity. However, in my experience, it is still a company that is highly wed to a traditional consulting model making it very difficult to actually live this value. Rarely, during my tenure, did I see the organization able to move outside its traditional model; instead employees were generally required to conform to that model. For those employees that were not able or willing to find a place within that model they usually ended up leaving. This usually included young mothers and racial minorities. Also, opportunities for women to find strong mentors varied. Some offices had senior women that acted as mentors and support, however the office I predominantly worked out of had no senior female leaders. Only after leaving did I realize how profoundly different my experience might have been had I had a strong mentor or support to guide me. Finally, I think the firm still has a lot of work to do when thinking about working mothers. I left the firm once I started a family because the model was just unsustainable for me despite a reduced schedule. FSG is the most intense place to work that I have ever experienced (more so than the for profit strategy firm I worked for prior to FSG). People are typical type A strategy consultants but are motivated more by having an impact and less by pay. This leads to a culture where the work is never enough--you can always have more impact. Impact is an acceptable motivation to put before your family. This culture meant that it was very difficult for me to step back on a reduced schedule; to me it felt like the expectations never changed. I continually felt like I was under-performing at my job and under-performing with my family. On a tactical level, firm provides 6 weeks of maternity leave and also provides 6 weeks of paternity leave to men; women can also take additional unpaid time off. 6 weeks is just not realistic for working mothers particularity for a firm that hopes to be cutting edge on diversity and women's issues. It's forward thinking to provide paternity leave, but the policy implies to me that somehow men bear the same level of responsibility when it comes to giving birth-- which when when you are only given six weeks is really what you are still recovering from. This policy also puts women who are the primary breadwinner or who have fewer family resources at a distinct disadvantage over those that can afford to take unpaid time off and properly recover from the impact of bearing a child.

Jenny Craig Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

My sole purpose for completing this review today was to voice my disappointment and concern that although I love my job, position and the overall culture of Jenny Craig, I am pregnant, and was told that the company offers NO paid maternity leave whatsoever. Not even for a salaried manager, such as myself. This is very disheartening. I have been with the company for several years and to work for a company that prides itself on Empowering women, it's very upsetting. te

City of Ardmore, Oklahoma Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The majority of the white-collar workforce are women but these are largely clerical/support positions, though there are women in key management positions as well. I feel like as long as you meet the qualifications of a particular job, being a woman is not a detriment in any way. Any issues women may face within the organization are generally due to interpersonal conflict with a specific co-worker or supervisor, not an organizationally sanctioned discrimination.

American City Business Journals Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Many women in management-level positions in my office, which is just one of 40-something markets ACBJ publishes in.