Imperial Oil www.imperialoil.ca/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Imperial Oil?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Imperial Oil to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Statoil

100% might recommend
12/4/16, 11:45 AM

I believe there is still a big gender gap at the top end of the company. There are not many female top manager and the number does not seem to increase over the years. However, compared to other companies in the industry, the company is average. I would say that there are possibilities but it is still not a gender egalitarian company.

I do not have kids.
Maybe. The organisation has not taken sexual harassment in the workplace seriously enough. The main offices reside in Norway, a country that does not FORCE employers to have proper training and consequences to preven sexual harassment in the workplace.
Write rules that prevent sexual harassment, and that define consequences for infringing those rules. Provide proper training and awareness about gender inequality and harassment.

SOCAR TURKEY ENERJİ A.Ş.

11/14/16, 12:06 AM

WOMEN ARE SEEN AS WOMEN. There are very few c-level woman. They are not treated bad but they are treated second class. It is a male dominated company.

have more corporate hr policies, would like to see my career plan, no fixed promotional policy, who comes from another company is always more precious.

11/8/16, 6:41 PM

great work life balance, most people are very friendly and cooperative

Hess Corporation

25%say women are treated fairly
11/2/16, 1:30 PM

Hess is one of the most employee-friendly environments I have ever worked. Respect for others is a major component of the culture. There could be improvements in "family friendly" policies and they seem to be working on them. Maternal care benefits are improving for 2017 and we have Mother's Room in Houston.

10/21/16, 12:25 PM

Women rise to mid management but not much higher. Company seems to want to addresss, but little change has manifested.

BP

44%say women are treated fairly
9/2/16, 1:25 AM

This company is moving in the righjt direction and has the right policies in place (UK). It is also possible to progress rapidly, providing your line management is supportive, and you are able to 'break out' from the line. First-level line management is still heavily dominated by men, and I have received comments like 'you don't need to worry - you will do ok because you are a woman' and 'we want to set you up for success - another woman had difficulty being a line manager in this region so this probably isn't the right place for you to become a line manager'' - this is a symptom of the industry in general. There is still work to do - but the company are aware of the issues they have and are putting a lot of effort into addressing them.

Anadarko Petroleum Corporation

8/31/16, 7:45 AM

Great HR policies. Old school management. I heard my boss wondered if I was single because I was a lesbian among many other statements about women not needing to be promoted but have families instead. Sr.management knew about the issue but refused to change it.

8/24/16, 9:24 PM

Being loud is often more important than being right at Chevron.

Maybe. Very taxing culture in operations on families, management is not understanding of time off. Very male dominated leadership.

BP

44%say women are treated fairly
7/31/16, 2:12 PM

It's long hours, well paid but a man's workplace at BP.

The leave is great however they fired me when I told my boss I was pregnant. Prior to this I was given the top rating for 2 consecutive years and was on the top talent list.

ConocoPhillips

50%say women are treated fairly
7/21/16, 10:42 PM

I am a US based employee working in Canada. The time off for women in the US is only 12 weeks for maternity leave. In Canada there is a 1 year leave policy.