Intelex Technologies

www.intelex.com/

fairygodbossReviewer2

You have to negotiate your salary at every stage, otherwise you'll only get 2%-3% pay increase (inflation adjustment). In order to get a pay raise you have to come up with solid data about how much other companies pay for similar roles. It also works to get a job offer elsewhere and then negotiate based on that.

CEO's wife works part time (3 days a week) as a software developer. She's the only employee allowed to have that kind of flexibility. She is a very forward thinking individual and has progressive views. I hope that her influence on the CEO will only improve the company in the future.

I took 18 months off. This was just before the Ontario laws have changed to allow it. So during my mat leave the official time off was 52 weeks and I was allowed to take additional 6 months off.

Maybe. For many years CEO didn't allow flexhours (you HAD to be in the office from 8:30 to 5 no matter what). Working from home was not allowed (even if you are sick or there is a massive snow storm). If you had a doctor's appointment, you had to take official time off (use vacation days). My friend (a woman in a mid-senior role) was pregnant and had the usual doctor's appointments. As she used her sick days (6 per year allowed) to accommodate these appointments, her manager used that against her in a performance review, saying that she took too much time off. I doubt she'll be coming back to the same company after her mat leave is over. Having said that, the CEO is now officially changing company policy with some flextime allowed. Even working from home is now allowed, although frowned upon (more in some departments than in others). I worked from home about 1 or 2 days per year. As the company is growing, the policies are improving, so it should get better in the future.

Marketing Specialist

Marketing

Maybe. It would depend in what department. For women just beginning in their career it is a great place to learn, but there are little to no women promoted and absolutely no women on the executive leadership team. The only two women were both removed in the FY2016 re-org.