Interana Inc

www.interana.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Interana Inc to join us.

Dow Corning Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Stay as far away from Dow Chemical (formerly Dow Corning) as you possibly can. Old school managers who are unable to find a better way to lead beyond fear - if fear does not work, you are terminated

I adopted a child in 1989 (took 10 weeks) and a child in 1992 (took 6 months). Nothing paid but VERY supportive employer (Dow Corning)

Recognize the talents of women and allow them to lead.

Spiceworks Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The culture is very supportive, but the policies weren't concrete. A lot depended on who your manager was & what your role was in the company. You have to ask for what you want & be prepared to defend the ask.

CycleBar Franchising, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A very laid-back environment but a company run by men and that is apparent in certain practices and culture.

Not for Pay, Evaluation and Reviews

Not feeling guilty for adjusting hours or days off when needed.

Southwest Florida Water Management District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

As a government agency, this is a great place to work if you're looking for work/life balance. The leave and medical benefits are very good. As a working mom, I'm able to balance working 40 hours a week and taking time off when I need or want to.

I was able to use accrued annual and sick leave for my maternity leave therefore I didn't have to go unpaid.

Brennan Center for Justice Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very dependent on your manager but many managers are terrible in terms of facilitating work-life balance for junior attorneys. I felt "on-call" constantly, which, for a non-profit, is surprising.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Atlantic Diving Supply, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

This company offers 6 weeks of paid maternity leave, and you can also use vacation time and FMLA. There are not many women in key leadership positions. It's still a boys' club. For sales reps, you're expected to put in as much time to your territory as it warrants, so at busy times and the end of the government fiscal year, you're at the office ALL THE TIME. Some people like the CEO say that there is no contest for staying late, but a big part of the culture is working long hours. "Work hard, play hard" is a popular tenet. Many leadership positions, particularly in sales and markets, require extensive travel. There are several nursing suites set up for nursing mothers to pump. You can sign up for times so you're overlapping with other moms, and the suites include comfy chairs, furnishings, and fridges. Children are often seen at the office visiting their parents. Parents bring in their little ones to visit on their days off. In more recent years, the company has been trying to foster a more family friendly environment by holding events such as the ADS family picnic and Tides baseball game.

Salt Lake County Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Salt Lake County enrolled me in a Women's Leadership Forum during my first year. They are working hard to inform and bridge inequities. I loved their asset-based approach to this forum. It wasn't about changing me into a leader the way a man would lead. It was about leading from my own strength.

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been very happy, both with the project I am working on and with the people I am working with. However, there seems to be a fair about of 'unconscious' bias at work here. There are 10 independent faculty members only 1 of them is female, and she seems to do the lion's share of the 'care taking' in terms of organizing social events and emotional support of newer faculty. While at lower levels in the research team the ratio female to male is very different( Instructor 1:2; Postdoc 1:1; Research Assistant 7:10). Invited lectures have also been predominately male (19/20 invited speakers were at the annual symposium over the lat 4 years). There are a number of subtle factors at play here, but because the people in charge of recruiting are scientists, they believe they are operation without bias. Suggestions of unconscious bias playing a role have been met (in the past) with anger and derision.

Sapling Learning Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a pretty high proportion of women with advanced STEM degrees working here, and I felt that women are treated fairly and given opportunities for leadership in many areas. The company in general has gone through some rough spots management-wise, but gender issues have not been an obvious problem.

Raymond James Financial Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.4

The company shifted sharply in culture following the '08 crash and the retirement of Tom James. It's all numbers and production now. I tripled my assets under management in less than 9 years and qualified for recognition clubs...but was never consulted about ANYTHING involving my practice, notably hiring support staff. Male advisors got the support, praise and attention...even men with 9 FINRA reportable events on their records. The head of the women's group resigned in late 2014 to go elsewhere due to low pay. No women hold mid- or upper-level management posts. The experience wasn't terrible but it was far from satisfactory. I'm at a new firm and don't miss RJ.