Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Investco Financial Corporation to join us.

Harley-Davidson Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

I work at a manufacturing plant. There are about 10 men to every woman. Sexual harassment and gender discrimination are taken very seriously at Harley. However, because of the lack of female representation, some women feel threatened and lash out at other women.

There is a lot of overtime and most of it is given only a few days in advance. Full time salaried employees are expected to work as though those hours are mandatory. However, with notice, employees are usually able to take care of their children and domestic matters without repercussion.

Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Job satisfaction is largely dependent on the department you work in. There is much variation across departments and varied management styles.

N/a

Pay is via short term disability or pto so your pay on maternity leave is related to how long you have worked here as well as if you choose to purchase short term disability supplemental insurance.

Student loan repayment.

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

Thorek/Scott and Partners Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very passive agressive. Management will try to pin you against each other.

Capgemini Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Speak out when you see someone acting inappropriate in meetings even when majority are men.

Does not give their employees equal opportunities to build up their technical skills

Columbus State Community College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Most of the vice president positions are held by women. Women in higher education, I have found, are different breed than other women in the workplace. I am not on the academic side of college. The college is very policy-driven. Although, there are many women in upper management, the atmosphere is very much a 'good old boys club.'

Hire appropriate amount of people per Department. Many departments, such as mine, are understaffed and overworked. Not fair and equitable in comparison with other departments in the college.

Powell's Books Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think men and women are treated pretty equally here. It seems like there are a lot of women in leadership roles. Powell's workers are unionized as well, and I believe the union advocates well for employees of all genders. That said, it's a retail job and the company doesn't pay their employees particularly well. Schedules tend to have limited flexibility and it's hard to snag a full time position. If you do though, the benefits are great.

Hogan Lovells Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Pretty good overall.

Enterprise Holdings Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.1

I worked for this employer for over a decade. There are a lot of inter-office politics that women often do not benefit from in the end. Performance is supposedly rewarded, but not without meeting unrealistic goals. Additionally, those that are in executive leadership roles tend act condescendingly to support staff.

Zendesk, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Zendesk is a wonderful place for working moms. They're supportive of taking time off to attend dr appointments and school functions with your children. They actually give you 12 paid hours a year to volunteer at your child's school. They have a Zendesk Moms group on Yammer to share advice and discuss challenges of being a working mom and have a women's book club where women at all stages of life come together to talk about the challenges and strengths of being women in the male dominated tech industry. I really love working there and feel it is a place that I can thrive as a woman and as a mother of two small children.