Sign Up and Win $500! One new Fairygodboss per month is randomly selected. T&C's apply.

J.Jill

www.jjill.com

PDML4

Director

Research & Development

The company is made up of 98% women, which is sometimes a challenging environment. During my interview, the CEO advised me of this statistic & asked me if that would be alright with me. It can be very "clique-y". Also, believe in your abilities & your opinions - do not be bullied by someone in a higher position...even if it is your supervisor.

• Recent Salary (USD)

• Recent Bonus (USD)

• Flexibility of the employer

All decisions in Design department are made by the VP, who spends her entire days in meetings, thus delaying timeline due dates and causing unnecessary scrambling at the last minute. Trust your team & allow them to make decisions so timelines are adhered to and time is allowed for necessary corrections so product is great - not just good.

Improve cross-functional communication, respect the time & workload of your colleagues, do not demean colleagues in group meetings, cultivate the talent you have - learn about the people that work for you & what their day-to-day job actually entails.