Jewish National Fund

www.jnf.org

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Jewish National Fund to join us.

Rimini Street, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While the men pay lip-service to equality, it is a very tightly-knit old boys' club and they are genuinely sexist and will speak poorly about people behind their backs.

Progyny, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company is a fertility benefit company so it is highly focused in women's health and reproductive benefits. I feel that women are represented at my company and that we have strong female leaders and mentors here. A lot of my colleagues (both male and female) have undergone fertility treatment in order to conceive or are undergoing fertility treatment. Senior level management is very understanding and caring.

cabi, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company truly is about women helping women succeed and feel confident. You can be who you want to be.

You make your own hours and you have the ability to increase your earning potential.

Texas Tech University Student Housing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are often seen as being aggressive when they speak up. When women and men dress the same, the men are said to be professional, while the women are not nicely dressed because their hair and makeup are not all done up and they aren't wearing heels and a ton of jewelry.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

The flexibility is virtually gone. As student employees, we previously had the ability to shift our schedules. However, due to the fact that some supervisors cannot hold their staff accountable, flexible scheduling and the ability to take days off is no longer really an option. Student staff are so exhausted by being overworked that they are skipping class.

Rolling Stone Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Before I say anything else I want to be clear that I did really love working here and did really enjoy my job. But I also want to make it clear that it is extremely difficult for women to break into editorial jobs at the magazine. During my many years there, there were only two female editors. And neither were ever given an office. It's a very male-dominated culture, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Again, I worked with some extremely talented people, and on a day-to-day basis I was usually very happy. But I would say to any woman considering working there: Go in with your eyes open. Get experience, put the name on your resume, and then move on. As for work/life balance, there is very little. The hours are long (as is standard for publishing), and there is no flexibilty with hours or working offsite (although the online department may offer some ability to work from home, not sure).

The company offered 12 weeks maternity leave, but only seven weeks were paid. Six weeks of those seven were paid as part of short-term disability leave (though they were paid at full salary). Since there is a week before disability pay kicks in, they use a weeks' worth of your (10) sick days to cover the first week of your leave. If you had to stop working early, they would take that time out of your 12 weeks. (To be fair, although that is the actual policy, they did let me work from home the week leading up to my due date.) You can also choose to use your vacation days as part of your leave, although you will not receive that pay until you return to work.

PathPoint Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great NGO run by a majority of women in senior management positions. C suite are all women who have done great things with the mission of the organization and for the staff. Women are promoted to all levels of the organization.

Fashion Angels Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Condé Nast Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.8

I've worked here for 10 years and the department has been largely dominated by female executives. There is great opportunity for growth, which I've enjoyed in my career, as Conde Nast likes to promote from within. The environment is friendly and very supportive.

Cady Studios Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's management male-dominated. Men with less experience and less education were getting promoted, while other highly rated and other respected female photographers were getting "promotions" without promised pay raise (i.e. more work, no official change in job title, no change in salary) and not finding out until the paycheck came at the end of the week. The microaggressions towards women said callously by management got tiring (and the not-so-microaggressions of stupid sexist jokes that one manager in particular wouldn't shut up about.) If you want higher-up management throwing buzzwords at you every meeting without actually fixing any problems, be my guest.

University of Massachusetts Medical School Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 4 years and there are a lot of women working here, both in higher positions and in support roles. As seems to be standard for healthcare and biomedical research, there are more women than men. However, although 12 weeks of maternity leave are provided, none are paid by the university - you have the option to pay for your salary with accrued sick/vacation time. I also feel that most people are pressured not to take the full time available, even if they were able to do so financially. As in most scientific venues, women often feel pressured to match or exceed the dedication level of men in their field to "prove" that they're worth something.