Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at JM Family Enterprises to join us.

AllSouth Appliance Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company is split fairly even among numbers of men and women. However, the management positions are all occupied by men despite having potentially solid women leaders already within the company. General professional development and mentoring opportunities are non-existent.

Scholastic Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Overall good work-life balance. Depending on the department you are in there may be flexibility to work from home though some managers still require face time. Good maternity leave policy and generally a family focused company with lots of perks for kids too (holiday party, events, free books, etc)

There is also an additional 8 weeks of part time transitional leave after your regular leave is over to help the employee/family adjust back into the workforce which I found incredibly helpful.

Willow Healthcare, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Go here if you love your job as a CNA or LPN. But don't apply if you are just there for a paycheck. You take care of other family members families. And that is a hard enough job it's self. I know a ton of people that go to work in nursing homes just for a pay check. It takes a big heart, strong stomach, and alot of patients to do this kind of work.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Conventures, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

This is a great place to work when you're young, hungry, and have no familiar commitments. It is not a great place to work if you are a Mother or expecting to become one. There is limited flexibility for out-of-office time or working from home needs and the maternity policy and culture in general is archaic. Also, if you plan to breastfeed, be prepared to be sent to the bathroom.

If I don't find another job, I will be taking 12 weeks unpaid beginning in March.

Vista Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Stand your ground and what you believe is right. Don't let the boys play games.

Ecornell Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for over 3 years and while the majority of the company is made up of women, very few are in leadership roles (1 out of 8 positions). Parental leave is given to everyone regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, or birth/adoption, but you aren't allowed to claim short term disability to supplement the seriously lacking 4 weeks at half pay. You can supplement with your vacation and sick time, but then you're left with nothing if you take the full time off.

Siemens Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.1

You'd better negotiate a stellar starting salary or the paltry raises and zero bonuses will make you poorer and poorer every year. You can walk on water and it won't make a bit of difference in your raise or ability to move from one job band to another. Yet it's almost impossible to get fired here unless you GET CAUGHT murdering someone, meaning you'll be working with plenty of slackers and picking up some of their workload. Plus, a lot of the information you need to do your job correctly is only available in German - and the Germans won't translate it for you because "you aren't in their cost center". Cost centers is a self-serving risk averse profit center. And just try traveling on business and being limited to $10 a day for breakfast, $15 for lunch, and $25 for dinner. I have had to eat out of vending machines so as not to violate the Travel Policy. The 401(k) is awful-Aon Hewitt proprietary funds. Only the Stable Value fund had a positive return in '15! and we have no index funds! The company matches up to 6%, but you only vest 20% a year, so you only get the full match if you survive for five whole years. I've been here 4+ years - not sure I'm gonna make it. Men are treated badly also, but women are viewed as glorified secretaries no matter their level or education.

Pro-Youth HEART Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked there for a year, though there were a lot of women working there, they were not in positions of management. In general, it was a not a good work environment. There's a lot of bureaucracy and red tape you have to go through, if you want to improve anything. It was especially unnerving when I saw my superior get fired for speaking out against corruption within the organization. It's very cut-throat when it come to office politics.

Custom Air Products & Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Ours is definitely a male-dominated industry and I can't wait for us to get to the point where we have women working in the field. Even with the shortage of females "on their tools" here, CAPS is a really great place to work...not easy, not boring, not perfect, but a really great place. The women who are on board here are definitely treated fairly and opportunities are there for anyone who has an idea and the guts to present it. And it's not just management that values our contributions. I am always welcome in the field, in the shop, or in the boardroom, and my opinions seem to be valued in all spaces as well. Not perfect here, but darn good.