Jones Lang LaSalle

"Until you get to Regional or above, it's very unequal and hard work. "
"not sure"
One thing Jones Lang LaSalle can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Facilities and Operations Manager, Operations
"No comp or flex time, use PTO or work more OT and nothing in return."
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"The women are worse than the men in this company. Which is so sad! I truly believe that women should build one another up instead of keeping one another down. "
One thing Jones Lang LaSalle can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
"This company does offer flexibility, but they’re not transparent on the fact that if you do take adavantage of this perk it will hinder your ability to grow and not be able to move up within the company. "
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"I think this company is a great company to work for in general, but they have a habit of making individuals managers that shouldn’t be or keeping horrible managers around that should have been dealt with appropriately before they were able to ruin others careers. It’s very unfortunate when they’re labeled as one of the best companies to work for when you’re a working mom. Women DO NOT help other women in this company. "
"Do you research before you decide to work here. Due diligence is key."
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"This company offers a ton of growth for women, and I do think that they treat men and women equally. They also value women-owned vendors and companies, and strive to partner with them. "
One thing Jones Lang LaSalle can improve?
"I've found in several positions that they have attempted to add on more responsibilities without compensation for the extra work and time, but I think it happens more when you are providing services to a client that they want to bargain with and attain."
Regional Facilities Manager, Operations
"When I worked under certain managers, my work-life balance was amazing and then not as great as newer or less experienced managers would take over a client account. I think that they would lack a certain balance to them, and would stress over hours to complete services, so that would then fall back to those working onsite and therefore affected what was previously more relaxed and more flexible."
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"Go in with your eyes wide open and realize that men will always get paid more, get more promotions, get more of everything. It is very much an old boys club. I have had upper level management promise me raises which never come through, and 2 promotions which never came through. "
"no"
One thing Jones Lang LaSalle can improve?
"Employer is extremely unflexible and unrealistic. I get weary hearing them tell all of how great they are when the overall treatment is extremely poor and workload highly unrealistic. "
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"If you want more than 2 weeks paid maternity leave, go elsewhere"
"not sure"
One thing Jones Lang LaSalle can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Accounts Payable Rep, Finance
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"Maternity care is not great "
"I feel like there are good opportunities for women in this company. I do think that our leave policies should be restructured."
One thing Jones Lang LaSalle can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
"Our policy is: 12 weeks - 6 or 8 through Short Term Disability at 70% of pay. JLL pays for 2 weeks at 100%. The rest is unpaid or PTO."
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"JLL is a good place to work for many reasons, regardless of gender. They're a front runner in their industry and in techology. They are experiencing growing pains as they become more governance focused."
One thing Jones Lang LaSalle can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"The company is pretty equally fair when it comes to men vs. women, although their maternity leave policy is lacking, providing only two weeks of paid leave."
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"I think JLL tries, on a whole, to be fair and provide support for women. The benefits are excellent and they provide much training through their JLL University. However, each account is run separate of each other with very little opportunity for interaction with employees on other accounts. It is difficult to find out about promotion opportunities as most of the upper level positions are never posted on the internal job board. It is imperative to find a mentor who can advise and assist you through the system."
Regional Facilities Manager, Banking
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"My experience has been on two separate accounts, one was very much a "good old boys club". Wen were never promoted, regardless of time on the account or their rating on performance. My manager looked to me as his personal secretary and often referred to me as "dear or his girl". When I filed a complaint with HR, I was told I needed to speak directly to his supervisor first. His manager told me to "quite playing the victim and manage my region". After my 2nd complaint to HR, I was rapidly redeployed to another account. After 6 months on this new account, I have not experienced similar issues but I do not see any opportunity for advancement for me within JLL at this point."
"It's generally a great place to work. Flexibility is however, at times, balanced with unrealistic expectations. If you want to paint a picture, chart out revenue v employee growth. Mid level women may not get recognized for similar achievements of male peers. And Inequality in pay seems fairly obvious"
N/A, Corporate Solutions
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"If you know the right people and can carve out the time for make sure you have the right connections to get recognition in addition to your work"
"There seems to be an even mix of men and women, and the company seems fair in treatment and selection of men and women overall (hiring practices, treatment in work environment/conversationally, etc). However, the policies (paid time off, raises and bonuses) put women at a disadvantage. There is still very much an old boys club mentality. You are expected to arrive at precisely the same time on the dot each day (if you need to come in an hour late or leave a half hour early to go to the doctor or because schools are delayed or the roads are closed because of bad snow, you need to take a half day of your small amount of alotted pto), you are judged based on the number of hours and volume of extra assignments you volunteer for rather than quality of work and value added. For a company that harps on the importance of ethics, raises and advancement also seem to be most heavily tied to who you know/who you're friends with outside of the office."
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"Flexibility is lacking and poor career growth as well. Company's policies are very "old boys club" in mentality"
"I am not sure where I am at reflects the views of the entire organization, but I do not have the right parts to be successful in my current position."
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"Depends on your manager"
"I believe you should research pay ranges for your position and aim high when you initially get hired. Having difficult time now after 6+years to get where I should be in the market."
Finance Manager, Client based
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"I worked here for 4 yrs, left and recently comeback. They definitely treat women fairly. My only concern is that there are not enough women in the C-suite which is potentially the product of the industry. Friendly Manager, JLL"
IPM, PDS
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"Every office is different, but after having worked on both coasts for this company, I'm extremely impressed by the atmosphere and friendliness between departments, even given the extremely competitive nature of commercial real estate. I have worked for a competitor as well and the training/support/networking/career development/management aspects were dismal compared to what you get at JLL."
Leasing Broker, Brokerage
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"Definitely women in leadership roles and throughout the company, but it is still an old boys network, no matter how much they push diversity and inclusion."
Would you recommend Jones Lang LaSalle to other women?
"Certain positions are good for women, and JLL is committed to recruiting women."