Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Journeys to join us.

New York Road Runners Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2018

I think NYRR is a great nonprofit to work at. Besides a few male colleagues that say "girl" instead of "woman", I have never felt discriminated against here. We have a significant number of women in senior roles. We will often have our female board members or other women connected to the community come to the office to do "fireside chats" and a good portion of the entire organization regardless of gender identification show up for these events! We are very supportive of new parents as well, we have 3 months paid parental leave and I have never heard my manager be criticized when she has to work from home due to childcare issues. I have heard that the Finance department is more traditional in this sense - they are not as flexible with one-off issues. Similarly the Events department has less weekend flexibility since the events take place on weekends. We have Summer Fridays (off by 1pm) and about 16 office holidays per year. We are expected to work hard while we are at work, but there is little to no expectation about checking work emails once you leave the office.

Flexibility really depends on your manager. Most departments support a flexible work schedule, but others are more rigid in what they expect employees to do. My manager has never denied me time to leave early or come in late due to doctor appointments or personal plans. For the majority of departments, as long as you get your work done they are flexible with when that work happens.

teleNetwork Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

Tech support company doing inbound call center work from home. Most bosses are great, and the company seems to care about it's employees most of the time.

Johnson & Johnson Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

March 2018

High value on women in the workplace, lots of women leaders in high level positions.

The workload is heavy however you are able to adjust your workday to accommodate your family needs. Some positions are not as flexible as others, supplychain and support require you to be in the office for the most part. Also holidays are not always allowed to be taken in some areas due to workload and support requirements.

Lemon Tree Spa Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Wear thick skin, be careful who you choose to trust. The staff are regularly pitted against each other for the entertainment of the owner/employer.

Depending on her mood, she may be very approachable and willing to be flexible with scheduling. Staff members are all 1099 Independent Contractors, so she was forced to be somewhat flexible.

Contract positions are never guaranteed, especially for women who must take time away for maternity leave. There is no paid time off, no sick days, and no maternity leave. Taking time away from work will jeopardize a contractor's future income.

Bring in an actual management team, learn something about the business she's supposed to be running. Employer is very invested in nepotism, she is notorious for promoting the people who entertained her over those who are true business professionals.

Emory University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

At Universities, there is a hierarchy which can put employees at the bottom. Also, because staffing turnover is low (tenure) there can be a lot of antiquated ideas about the roles of women in the workplace. Be ready to have it assumed that you're a secretary/admin rather than in leadership.

It will largely depend on your department and manager. Central HR does not have much control or sway.

Alliance Data Systems Corp Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are SO many powerful women in leadership positions - they make up 60% of our SLT

Very flexible about Work From Home days (able to do so at your manager's discretion) ; lets us leave early on holidays; working on paternal leave policy and transgender benefits - very progressive for a Fortune500 company!! They definitely walk the walk

VersionOne Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Flexibility is unmatched. Benefits are on the better side (pto is decent, large portion of medical paid for certain option, no 401k matching, no maternity other than FMLA). Until recently, there wasn't a dedicated place for pumping. There's only one room in the building with no windows and a locking door. There are not any women in senior leadership positions, nor on the product team that makes decision about what is developed. People are really nice and very smart and like to have a good time. Different departments have slightly different cultures and rules.

They follow FMLA. Short term disability is an option if you pay for it 12 months before you need to use it. My return date and circumstances were flexible for me to return when I was ready. I had a severe complication after delivery.

Kate Spade & Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

Female friendly culture, tough to get promoted

Pharmavite Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Generally, the company has a policy about equal opportunity but management is male-dominated and not diverse.

Teledyne Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

Women are treated with a great deal of respect and you see a good mix of female and male management at the Corporate level. At the operating unit level however, there are very few women General Managers, but more who serve as Controllers, for example.