Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at JSTOR to join us.

Hocking Athens Perry Community Action Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Bullying and harassment in abundance! Community Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Glouster, Ohio – March 11, 2018 I worked at hapcap for 2 years. At the onset of my employment I thought I had hit the jackpot of all bosses! He was attentive and engaged. That lasted about 4 months when his advances were not returned and I was dropped like a bad habit and left to train myself. I did both his job and mine for 6 months and was promoted to the next level. Within 6 months of my promotion my manager retaliated against my refusal to reschedule a meeting with a poor performance review that completely ignored my work and solely focused on his disappoinmment with the meeting. I then complained to the agency director with a 90 page complaint detailing his bullying and harassment and my boss calmed down ... For a few months... Until another event triggered him in Dec 2017 and this was the announcement of the new executive director, who just weeks after being announced mysteriously resigned. I could go on and on about the injustices employees are forced to endure at this agency but I'm sure you get the point. Besides having to work with man babies and just downright miserable people, the pay is dismal ( for most) while a couple people receive close to if not more than $100,000/year. This was my first non-profit experience and I believe there's more corruption in this agency than anything. I voluntarily resigned bc I couldn't take the harassment and bullying anylonger. My boss responded to my notice of resignation with "congratulations!". He hated his job and was very verbally abusive to staff and made no secret of his disgruntled opinion of other directors, their salaries and anything else so long as someone was listening. Towards the end of my employment my boss began monitoring my office affiliations and concocted a paranoid idea that me and others were conspiring against him. I again complained about my bosses lack of involvement and his monitoring my office affiliations and was dismissed as having a "personality conflict." Well that was just a bunch of BS b/c the executive director is retiring this June and did not want to deal with his director, which btw has worked at hapcap for almost 13 years and has been able to get away with this behavior for the duration. I had been awarded 1.7million in grants and brought $128k in admin fees into the agency whereas my boss did not get a 1.25 million dollar grant funded which jeopardized his employees employment. My boss was very lazy and did as little as possible. Just an awful, awful experience. Further, unless ur hired in at the very bottom, there are very few opportunities for advancement. If you have any ambition whatsoever and want to work in a supportive and encouraging environment, look elsewhere. No sooner than they hire you they will be looking for reasons to get rid of you. The agency has a lot of internal conflict and most people do not get along. Directors use their perceived "power" to intimidate, bully and harass the people that work for them on the front lines. I have a BS from The Ohio State University and 2 semesters in on my masters of public administration at OHIO Univeristy. I wouldn't recommend working here unless on a temporary assignment or you are desperate!

Launch Potato Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Majority of team is still male but there is effort to grow females in leadership. Women@LP resource group is valuable. Great ability to develop professionally and grow your career.

Flexible environment even though formal policies say otherwise. Schedule is determined by you and manager and executive team very supportive of time off.

Aviall Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be happy with wht you sign up for because politics and gender inequality prohibit promotion and growth. It's still a boys club.

Eric Mower + Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Good place to work but low pay. Time billable is frustrating.

Fitbit Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It used to be an amazing place to work. The culture and people have changed a lot.

Marsh Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Younger people (in their 20s-30s) are valued more here than the older ones who have been in the company for many years.

Value experienced and loyal employees

General Datatech, LP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a men's industry but the women are respected and well acknowledged for their hard work. But again - this all depends on who they are working for and how much flexibility is perceived by their department heads.

It's hard to say... one manager could have very strong beliefs and foster a culture of work-life balance. Another is so inflexible where no exceptions are made for their staff and there is zero fairness across the board from one employee to the next.

The Maternity leave doesn't coincide with PTO but will be used to compensate for unpaid FMLA time. For those women who qualify, they must be working here for 12 consecutive months, full time. 6 weeks + 2 additional weeks of "Baby Bonding" time is given for vaginal delivery. 8 weeks + 2 weeks of Baby Bonding time is paid if a C-Section is performed. 2 weeks paid Paternity Leave is also granted.

Brennan Center for Justice Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very dependent on your manager but many managers are terrible in terms of facilitating work-life balance for junior attorneys. I felt "on-call" constantly, which, for a non-profit, is surprising.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Borough of Spotswood Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Working for a small town governmental agency really has no advantages. They do not want to hear new ideas.

McKinsey & Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

May 2015

Take the time to get to know people - the people at this firm are amazing, and personal relationships make the job much more rewarding