Marketing

Marketing

Kabbage has gone above and beyond for women in the workplace. In terms of leadership - one of the Kabbage co-founders is a woman, and one of the few women leaders in financial technology. I've never felt that men were favored to be hired for, or promoted to, leadership positions. I've always observed these positions being filled based on experience and cultural fit. Further, they partner with several great organizations that promote women in leadership roles, such as Above the Glass. It's October now, which is National Women in Small Business month, and part of the way they're observing this month is by having a Q&A panel at the weekly, all staff Town Hall meeting, where various female Kabbage leaders are asked questions about being women in leadership, in the tech industry. In terms of their treatment of new parents - at both their Atlanta and San Francisco offices, they converted a conference room into a nursing room for new mothers - complete with a cushy rocking chair, a mini-fridge to keep breast milk cool, and even some goodies from small businesses (they're a small business-focused company) like organic breast wipes. Paid maternity leave is 12 weeks, and paid parental leave - for fathers and adoption placements - is 2 weeks. I highly recommend Kabbage as a potential employmer candidate for women in the job market.

• Family Friendly Aspects?