Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at KCI Technologies, Inc. to join us.

Burns & McDonnell Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

People like working here because of the bonus and ESOP. The bonus is a way if paying you less during the year (I took a pay cut upon starting) to give you a larger bonus at the end of the year. PTO and holidays are at a minimum.

The maternity leave policy was not family friendly. All vacation had to buy used before receiving any paid leave. While on leave holidays signed as part of your time off and vacation had to be usedas itwas accrued during leave. This results in no PTO upon returning to work. The policy was updated in 2017 but it is not much better.

HumanKind Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

Lots of women in various positions. Can't say that I ever picked up even a hint of anything resembling inequality. Would like to see a woman in the one of the exec level positions at some point: CEO/COO/CFO.

IQ Solutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

We are a community of doers and improvers. IQ Solutions offers a thriving environment with opportunities for our employees to make a difference by contributing their best thinking to solving challenging public health problems. We encourage employees to pursue their professional passions through idea generation, mentoring, and Strengths Finder programs. During the Onboarding process employees receive a copy of StrengthsFinder 2.0. At IQ Solutions, we are committed to success, which means building an organization shaped by our strengths. IQ Solutions' corporate training and employee engagement programs invites employees to share in the richness of our staff’s diversity not only on the job, but also at quarterly cultural celebrations that feature activities such as catered food tasting, poetry readings, and art expos. IQ Solutions' supports external trainings and encourages employees to participate in webinars and Foundational Knowledge Sessions. For example, "Outreach Targeting Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, and More" or "Hiring Individual's with Disabilities". Employees have access to IQ Smart, an online learning management system with lessons such as Diversity on the Job: Diversity and You. IQ Solutions is constantly working and experimenting with new technologies to solve challenging public health problems, while providing a flexible work environment.

10X Genomics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We're still in start-up mode, so we still get very busy at certain times, slowing down at other points, depending on the activity. Upper execs are still primarily male, but the company has also begun a diversity program internally and externally. They really want the company, and the employees to succeed. At least they're trying!

Overall, the company is very flexible when it comes to choosing to work at the main office, or from home, or in downtown SF. As long as your job is getting done, you can determine which situation works best for you, but of course, dependant upon your manager.

Center for Organ Recovery & Education Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you are cold and heartless, you will thrive at CORE. If you care about yourself or others, stay away - CORE is not the place for the kind-hearted.

CORE only asks for your flexibility to benefit the organization. They do not agree when an employee asks.

Consider yourself lucky if you remain employed through a pregnancy at CORE. If you are in a clinical position, chances are you will be found at fault for something and let go.

The CEO is tyrannical and needs replaced. The leadership team needs to support their staff. Employee decisions are made purely on opinions and "feelings" of the CEO, despite legitimate facts. Staff are made to feel like nothing they do is ever right. Money is spent lavishly on alcohol... I'm sure to drown their consciences.

JACK Entertainment LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

I love working here! My co-workers are passionate, intelligent, and very hard working. I wouldn't trade them for anyone or anything else. I think what we are most looking for is passionate people with a desire to learn about our industry.

We don't have much flexibility at all and definitely need some external encouragement to work on a better flex time policy.

I haven't had a child yet.

Houston Public Media Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Watch out for women who gain power by slamming other women, and for the management that allows it.

American Industrial Hygiene Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women are treated very fairly, as most of the staff is women. I took 12 weeks of unpaid leave, but was able to use PTO for a portion and STD at 70% for the rest.

Panasonic Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

When I first came on board the Manager support was great. As the years went by business began going downhill. The year my General Manager, Manager and Supervisor were laid off things got worse. I truly believed that my General Manager would have been able to keep the company going but because there was a personal issue between him and the President things just did not work out. My General manager was the best ever. He was very supportive of his team. He never sugarcoated an issue. If anyone in his department made an error he would admit that in the Production meetings and let them know that he would take decisive action to reassure the flow of the operation was not hindered. I thought that I would retire with this company but to my surprise after being their for almost 15 years it came to an end. There was definitely a lot of politics and the HR department was partial. I am currently seeking employment and it's been a struggle.

PIMCO Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

March 2015

Senior leadership is committed to diversity. Firm has a women's group that raises awareness of unconscious gender bias, runs a mixed gender mentoring program and hosts some great leadership speakers. The maternity leave is now 16 weeks fully paid. There is a parents network with a new-mom mentoring program that helps you navigate working while pregnant and both going out and returning from leave. Mother's rooms have hospital grade pumps.