Teller

Customer Service

Be either really good at some sort of sales or be prepared to be hounded to schedule more appointments for the personal bankers. Honestly it should be them focused on setting their own appointments. We have enough going on behind the teller line that sometimes we don't always get to talking about why they need a credit card and check everyone's calendar to see when they are free to see someone.

For the most part they are very willing to work with me on my schedule but i am forced to use PTO time when my child or myself are sick and not sick time.

I haven't taken my leave yet, however I plan to go out on unpaid maternity leave in October 2018 and really don't know how I am going to get by for 12 weeks with no income other than my other half's when we can make our bills as it is with both incomes. The stress is already piling on thinking about it... And they wonder why there is so much postpartum depression in the USA. Coincidence? I think not!

Maybe. I might recommend the employer if some of the policies were a bit different and there was something in there for women and men who need to go out on Maternity leave. Paid maternity leave at that. It's impossible to have a family if they refuse to give you some kind of income while you are out recovering from child birth.

Midwestern firm, sexism still exists but it's more subtle gender dynamic sexism rather than the sexual harassment at some of the larger companies. Have had a good experience here

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Teller

Branch

Great place to work for. Lots of vacation tome

Operations

Corporate banking is still male dominated and if you want to succeed you have to act like a man. It is subtley discouraged to take time off to have a family or be anything but available at all hours of the morning, day and evening. Including outside of operating hours for salaried employees. Our CEO is a female, and when questioned how she became successful as the first female CEO in a large financial company, she stated its because she just "fit in with the men."