Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Kiehl's to join us.

Golder Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I’m sure better opportunities exist. For many years there was a short paid paternal leave with nothing for women. That’s right pay men to have the baby. Mothers had all unpaid!!

Beyond 20/20 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

he process I went through was an interview, then 2 scheduled days to observe for 2 hours, then a 1 month trial. The trial was 2 days a week for 9 hours so 18 hours a week. Everything was going well. I was staying passed the 2 hours and coming in early for observation. I was conversing/ helping with the staff and patients as if I were a part of the team and they showed appreciation to that. I made then made it to the 1 month trial. I bought my scrubs and began training (I was training for front desk AND as a Visual Therapist Assistant). The first two weeks I was really just observing and when there were no patients, I was independently studying. There were books and videos. I took notes and tested myself and did pretty well fairly quickly. Keep in mind, I was advised not to study at home, not to bring home reading materials, and even though they made me study the given material at work, I wasn’t allowed to do it like the materials taught me, they did things different. Very confusing, right? But I did it and even began to assist with patients that last day of that last week. Then week 3 came. I walked into the office and was immediately blamed for tools being left out and I didn’t do it. Of course because I was knew, I immediately was to blame. I voiced it was not me but I wouldn’t let it happen again. That was the first weird incident. I then noticed that I was being snapped at often and there was A LOT of nit-picking going on. At first I ignored it because they told me that the owner is very particular about things but once I began getting snapped at for stuff they told me I was allowed to do, I began to feel uncomfortable. I tried to keep a positive attitude and do what I was told because as they kept reminding me, I was not officially hired and a part of the staff (or their clique from what it seemed). That’s fine, I knew it was a test run. The second day of the 3rd week was bad too. They began to whisper a lot and go into rooms to do such while I tried to keep busy and be hands on. It was awkward. I didn’t take it personal until the 5th or 6th time. Then more nit-picking, more blaming, more discrediting me in front of patients and parents. I felt like a fool and I knew I was doing well so what was the problem?? They had this little agreement to park and walk out together in the parking lot after closing because we’re all women and it’s dark. Once I was told to leave ahead of everyone and walk alone, I knew something was wrong. I came back in for the 4th week with a smile on my face. I told myself to just keep doing what I was doing and be the best I can (because that was the advice that was given to me in the beginning by one of the workers who had say in my hiring). After the 2nd hour, I asked to speak to the Doctor about my progress and what I am doing right, and what can I do to be better. She then proceeded to tell me I didn’t get the job because I wasn’t taking initiative by grabbing the files and immediately working the patients. I was shocked. I was specifically told to ask before I do anything because they’re “Very particular” about what they do there and because I “wasn’t officially hired” yet. No feedback, no tips for improvement in the process, nothing. I literally walked in one day and everything was different. I wasn’t given a fair chance. She told me they don’t like to “push” people to do things, yet when I did try to take initiative, I was told I wasn’t allowed to do this or not allowed to do that. It was a set-up to fail. I was TRAINING to become the Visual Therapist ASSISTANT, NOT the VT and NOT the DR. I did very well despite the short time frame and unrealistic demands. Do I think that’s the real reason I wasn’t hired? I'm not sure. Makes no sense, I did very well, the children liked me, I have a great background and until week 3, they liked me too. They made me feel discouraged, spoke to me like I was dumb and did a TON of whispering. They weren’t helping me get the job, they were putting me down and reminding me I wasn’t a part of the team. I felt like I was trying out to be the cool kid of a high school. It was so stupid and a complete waste of time. I could go on for hours about the nonsense that went on there. I responded in a professional manner and left. No wonder they’ve been looking for someone to fill the position for so long. They don’t know how to train people. It’s a waste of time. You’ll be damned if you do, damned if you don’t trying to please everyone there. I believe they're good people but for your sake, Keep looking.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

You need to tell people that you're training how they're doing and how to improve. If you don't, you will always have a high turn-over rate and you will always be looking to hire someone. You can't hire people with no experience and expect them to do your job as a doctor within 2 weeks. Have a weekly meeting. Tell them what they're doing right and what needs improvement so they succeed. Also, stop continuously reminding them that they aren't officially hired. It is discouraging, unprofessional and tacky. And don't discredit them or blame them for things while patients are there. At the end of the day this just makes the company look bad with a different set of people working there each month, etc. Cut people some slack, give them the FULL 1 MONTH as spoken of, train them on what is done in the facility, not on what most Doctor's expect via text book then switch it up on them.

MediaSource Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.7

MediaSource is run by a strong, hands on, female company president. She is creative, determined, emotionally intelligent and even fun. This is a great place for any employee who seeks to grow in their career and an especially empowering place for women.

National Endowment for the Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The NEA is an incredible federal agency with strong female leadership. I would recommend working here.

PIMCO Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

Be prepared to work extra hard to earn credibility. Ask for opportunity--repeatedly. Get involved with the women's initiative. Seek your own role models and mentors.

Liaison Creative + Marketing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great employer - highly recommend to other women and enjoy working here.

Camp Otterdale Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for 4 years. It is half men and half women. The Assistant Director is a woman and this was helpful however the owner/director is sexist and unaware of it, despite many conversations I and others have had with him. It is difficult for women to have the same learning opportunities as the men.

Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.1

I had a horrible experience at this company with a Project Manager. I reported the behavior and there was an investigation that proved he created a severe hostile work environment. Jacobs has a ZERO tolerance. Well that is not the case. I left, he stayed employed. Then was even given another project. I never asked for compensation just to be re-hirable. Well needless to say I have never been able to go back to work for them again. Such a shame. Great company overall. Just really poor HR action. Always be careful, filing a complaint even if founded is career suicide it seems sometimes.

Numerify Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

The guys who work here are kind and engaging, except the new sales guys who are annoying bros in a good young boys club. All the men who started the company are lovely encouraging and smart. Issues with being paid on time as contractor.

WellSpring Resources Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

I have worked for this company for a year an a half. I accepted the opportunity to work here with the intention of it being long term employment, but just could not stick it out. Very unsupportive work environment, little to no training after basics are covered and simply put employees are viewed as work horses and not humans.