KLA-Tencor Corporation

www.kla-tencor.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at KLA-Tencor Corporation to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

3.7

Lots of women in lower management positions. Not many at higher levels.

Have to use 1 week of PTO as part of STD elimination period

• Flexibility of the employer

IBM Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

Experiences vary by business unit and by the teams within them. There are various subcultures, that are better or worse depending on your role and team. Success is dependent on drive, persistence, and support from managers.

Maternity and paternity leave

3.7

Dell has worked hard to diversify high level management over the last 8 years. It's been slow, but getting there. Benefits are great, and flex time is offered, especially in remote locations.

• Flexibility of the employer

HP Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women is usually in support role. Leadership roles are mostly men.

3.7

Great company to work for but promotions are difficult...and more difficult for women, DELL is advocating change for improving women in leadership roles it's just too slow compared to Apple, Google, Pepsi, General Motors, Genentech and so many other companies...

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Dell has great maternity and paternity leave

• Flexibility of the employer

Intel Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

Overall, a great place to work, lots of oppty to advance and work on cool things as long as you avoid the old-school crappy managers.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

I had two kids - the first time around in 2010, Intel did not pay for maternity leave ( I had the standard 6 week disability followed by 4 more weeks at partial pay for bonding paid by the state). My manager at the time was fantastic and moved me into a more challenging role upon my return. The second time around, Intel had its new policy and had 8 weeks fully paid bonding leave, in addition to the 6 weeks disability. This was fantastic...except my manager at this point said "oh, thats' a long time to be gone" and then changed my role after I returned to something with far less visibility and impact (same salary, job grade...but seriously suckier job)

• Flexibility of the employer

My group in general believes in work/life flexibility.

Maybe. In general, Intel is going in the right direction and very happy that CEO is committing to diversity and expanded paid maternity AND paternity leave. There is still a decades old culture in place that values working as if you have no personal life or a spouse at home to take care of kids, and this will take time to change. It really depends on your group and manager whether there is work-life balance.

IBM Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

Officially the culture is very woman and diversity friendly. However, the "old boys club" exists in pockets, especially in the more traditionally male dominated industry's practices.

3.7

Raise your hand for a role/skill you're passionate about. Dell offers so many opportunities in different areas - you're sure to find your niche. Show up to make decisions and make sure your voice is heard.

3.7

The maternity leave, flexible work arrangements (depending on role), nursing rooms in every building, onsite health clinic, dependent back up care and up to 12 weeks of maternity leave are fantastic benefits. Dell also has many Employee Resource Groups, specifically Women in Action, that assists with mentorships, networking and top notch speakers throughout the year.

• Flexibility of the employer

I am now in a department that has very flexible hours and WFH opportunities. However, sales and manufacturing will continue to have the need to be face to face. Those departments, based on the nature of their role in the company, will continue to be slightly less flexible.

Apple Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.9

My advice for women interested in this company is to try to come in at a level where you will be satisfied and if you get an opportunity to move up, it's just icing on the cake. If you come in at the bottom, you will be hard pressed to ever have an opportunity to move up. Many come here to take advantage of the good healthcare benefits. There is not a lot of work-life balance because of pressure constantly put on you by management. Many say they are so exhausted when they get off work that they cannot enjoy their days off and the battles at work bleed into personal relationships. It is a very authoritarian structure that doesn’t allow for much “thinking outside of the box” among the lower levels. They basically want you to be robotic drones who just take orders. They ask for feedback, but whether anything real and truly meaningful is done with that feedback is another story. I find management to be abrasive, combative, and dwelling in a long line within the ranks of “yes” men & women. It’s not a place where you can truly be creative and outstanding and feel like you have accomplished something. I’ve stopped talking because they don’t want to hear any voices but their own. These are the new "Masters of the Universe,” or so they believe. With that kind of hubris, you’ll be lucky to see much change.

• Flexibility of the employer

There are relatively few women at this company in leadership roles, and they cannot possibly relate to those way down the line within the lower ranks who barely get by on minimal wages, who are overlooked time and again when opportunities arise, who are constantly pestered because they went out of the way to provide good customer service, but it caused a metric or two to fall out of line. Those who do sit at higher levels, based on my more than five years of experience at the company, don’t do very much to help women below them, who have a significant amount of experience and education that is highly transferrable, move up and into more appropriate roles within the organization. There is talk, but little action. It was even suggested that this may not be the right company for me by a more senior person who joined the organization a few years after I began. Well it certainly is a bureaucracy without a doubt. In some roles, there are up to 10 layers of management between the worker and the CEO. I can’t help but wonder if women at this company tend not to help other women because there are so few opportunities for women in general in key roles where one can grow and their compensation with grow as well, that they fear they could be displaced. My father always told me that women don't help each other and the longer I live, the more I find this to be true. There is too much jealousy. You really have to know your playground, and toiling in lower-level work, working under a string of managers who have less education and experience than you is only going to leave you feeling trapped. I have to say I am extremely disappointed by what I have seen and experienced at this company. I don't hold out a whole lot of hope for it to change in a meaningful way. There is a lot of incompetency and jealousy within the rank and file and it's not a place where I can see myself spending much more time. For a company that carries an outward appearance of seeming to be so perfect and put together, there are a lot of skeletons in the closet. Age discrimination seems to be a huge problem at this company; if you are over 30, you may have a difficult time unless you have a sponsor. This company really caters to the youth.