Komatsu Limited

www.komatsuamerica.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Komatsu Limited to join us.

Ziff Davis Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have seen men make more money working here in the same positions as women.

Purple Carrot Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great opportunity with expanding room for growth, leadership, and responsibility.

Virginia Supportive Housing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't do it!!!

The executive director and the Human Resource Director create a highly toxic, hostile work environment. Communication is extremely poor and human resources practices are highly unethical and ambiguous. In order to get me to stay, the ED and HR director must be removed.

Asahi Glass Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

if you are not ambitious, its a good employer with averrage to low salaries but lots of holidays and fexible hours

Maybe. it's a human company that tries to change the unequal situation

PatientsLikeMe Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

You have to be willing to tirelessly advocate for yourself to work here. If that is your style, you will succeed and benefit from what it has to offer.

Maybe. the tech job functions have a much better satisfaction than non-tech. If you are a tech person sitting outside product, design, or engineering you will be grossly underpaid.

Oregon State University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been here for four years as a postdoc and instructor in the sciences. I've worked directly with multiple PIs (professors), only one of which (a well-established female PI) was a supportive role model and mentor. If you come here for a postdoctoral position, DO NOT come as a postdoctoral scholar. Get your pay and your project/work expectations in writing BEFORE you start any work (this sounds obvious, but in the world of postdocs, it's often not). In addition, OSU is not very good at setting up paychecks for people who work for two or more departments, and it took them months to set mine up correctly. One postdoctoral scholar I know who became pregnant spent her entire pregnancy fighting for the right to pay for her own insurance through the university during her (unpaid) maternity leave. I believe the school actually told her that they had never expected that a postdoctoral scholar would be pregnant, so they never bothered to set up any sort of maternity assistance programs. I know other female postdocs who are highly underpaid (especially those who come from other countries and may not know what to expect in terms of compensation). Additionally, the professional environment here is very dependent on what department you're working for. Some departments are full of great people, while others have on staff male professors who have been reprimanded for getting drunk on campus during lunch and commenting on female students (yup, they kept their jobs). OSU is also strongly headed in the direction of a teaching institution, and continues to offer less and less in the way of support for its research faculty in general.

Maybe. It highly depends on what department you join, and what position you take.

Russell Reynolds Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

RRA has the largest number of female consultants of all the large executive search firms. In my practice area, there are far more women than men, and most balance work/family with young children at home. It is a stressful and time-consuming industry, but the firm encourages investment in your personal life, and men and women alike prioritize family activities. Schedules are generally flexible to allow for personal commitments.

Capella University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 8 years and have found that there are a lot of women working her. This includes all levels of the company. While there are definitely more men on the executive leadership level, there are a number of women as well. On the supervisor level I have seen a large number of women although recently, I've seen a slight shift in more men on that level. Since acquiring a male supervisor I have noticed more men being hired as my colleagues (not sure if there is a connection or not). Maternity leave is fair, although has become a little more generous recently.

Jones Day Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

March 2015

Very supportive environment with great female partners and co-workers. Also, I feel entirely fine and supported taking my vacation time and maternity leave (18 weeks paid and up to 6 weeks unpaid upon approval).

Boise State University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2015

I have worked here for 4 years. At hire I was told the health position would be better suited for me rather than the safety position (both were available at the time). A man who was hired on 9 months after me recieved a promotion to senior safety while I am still at entry level health. I am told my maternity leave (my vacation and sick time I have accrued for 3 months) will be doled out however HR says and that the Idaho minimum requirements will be followed. I'm hoping HR will allow me to come back part time for a bit so I can stretch out my leave a little bit longer. My job requires me to travel one week per month. I can't imagine trying to breastfeed and travel without baby. This should be interesting. Interesting and most likely heart breaking.