Korean Broadcasting System

english.kbs.co.kr/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Korean Broadcasting System to join us.

H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We have women working in important managerial jobs, in accounting, project management, etc.

Sealed Air Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is going through leadership change at the moment so make sure you know where you will be placed and what the future looks like for that role

It depends on who you work for. Flexibility is by no means institutionaliseed

Fait Accompli Limited Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

too small too grow within the company - not growth oriented

TestPlant Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

We have a very positive, collaborative culture. Not only are women heard and respected within their teams, but we have a lot of great communication across functions and departments. TestPlant has a very family-friendly culture; and there's no stigma associated with working your schedule around things like school drop-offs. The one downside here is that maternity/paternity leave is still pretty meager, at least in our US office. (Our benefits have been improving steadily, though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this change.) In addition to all that, our products are innovative and cool, and our Boulder office is a really fun place to work.

Atlantic Diving Supply, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

This company offers 6 weeks of paid maternity leave, and you can also use vacation time and FMLA. There are not many women in key leadership positions. It's still a boys' club. For sales reps, you're expected to put in as much time to your territory as it warrants, so at busy times and the end of the government fiscal year, you're at the office ALL THE TIME. Some people like the CEO say that there is no contest for staying late, but a big part of the culture is working long hours. "Work hard, play hard" is a popular tenet. Many leadership positions, particularly in sales and markets, require extensive travel. There are several nursing suites set up for nursing mothers to pump. You can sign up for times so you're overlapping with other moms, and the suites include comfy chairs, furnishings, and fridges. Children are often seen at the office visiting their parents. Parents bring in their little ones to visit on their days off. In more recent years, the company has been trying to foster a more family friendly environment by holding events such as the ADS family picnic and Tides baseball game.

OTR Global Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Despite he advantage of working from home, there is no other benefit. Do not expect to be recognized for your accomplishments. It is not a company that is at all transparent with regard to business strategies, etc. If you consider this a temporary job and not a career step, then it might possibly work for you.

The only benefit to working at OTR Global is the fact that you work for home. Most employees are hourly and receive no benefits. There is little-to-no upward mobility within the company and monetary increases may happen every 5-6 years. Very little value is put on the hourly employee and the management overall is very poor.

The Barber Shop Marketing Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Long hours and weekend work. Very flexible - able to work from home as needed. Not a punch in and punch out kind of company. Mostly women at the company. Great bosses, however, company manager is difficult to work with.

Prescott Medical Communications Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a very small company (under 35 employees), and the "small town" feel can be both good and bad-- everybody knows everybody, but it is difficult to navigate in the case of personality conflicts. Fortunately, those are rare! The benefits are incredible. There is 2 weeks paternity/adoption leave at 100%, 12 weeks maternity at 60%, an additional 12 weeks unpaid. The health insurance is 100% free. No premiums, no co-pay, and it's GOOD insurance, and the company pays your deductible into an HSA account, so there is effectively no deductible either. And it's free to add family to the plan, too. There is also a 3% matched SIMPLE IRA that is vested from month 3. Work-life balance is strongly emphasized with half day Fridays in the summer, unlimited work from home (provided you are getting your work done, of course), unlimited sick leave (within reason), 15 days vacation and 5 personal days out of the gate. Most people work 35-40 hours a week. My only criticisms of the company? There are some management bottlenecks where the more junior employees (like me) often find themselves with not a lot to do, while senior employees are swamped. It can feel a bit cliquey as the more senior employees have been here since the company was founded (15 years ago) and the junior employees obviously have not. There is also a slight generational issue, as junior employees often leave for greener pastures once hitting mid-level. I think a big part of that is we are paid slightly less (in exchange for all of these benefits) than big medical communications companies / Pharmaceutical companies, so it's all a question of where your balance lies-- younger men and women with no kids might be better served elsewhere, but this is a very supportive environment to get your feet wet in medical communications and project management

Grady Health System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I enjoy working here because of the amazing service we provide to our community. There are far more women than men employed here. That being said, the policies do not specifically support women. There is no easily accessible or publicized information on how they specifically make the workplace friendly to women. Short Term Disability was recently improved but still caps at $1000 a week which is not 60% of a mid-level or higher salary. No designated pumping areas or time allotted to it. No paid maternity leave.

Eastman Chemical Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a mans' world, like any other industrial setting. However, MOST men realize we live in the 21st century, and will respect you as long as you pull your weight. I've had a fantastic experience with the guys on all crews-- my supervisor, on the other hand, has a documented history of discrimination against females. When it became an issue, I went to HR for help. Despite 25 and 30-year veterans, guys on my crew, and even other supervisors being willing to testify to the fact that discrimination had been going on, HR refused to act... They wouldn't even speak with the host of witnesses (my guess to the cause of that is because if they ask and receive confirmation of my story, they HAVE to act, by law.) They claimed that they were initiating an "investigation," and then weighed only his word against mine, despite the proof and witnesses. It all depends on your department-- just don't expect HR to act on your behalf, if you experience a problem.