KRC Research

www.krcresearch.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at KRC Research to join us.

Pandora Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.2

Overall, its a very supportive and inclusive culture for women. Strong female representation and proactive initiatives to include women

It really is dependent on leader - some leaders embrace flexibility and empower teams more so than others. Overall though, the culture is positive and making great progress.

Great parental leave for their Australia and New Zealand employees - 12 weeks paid leave

Acceptance Now Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place to work if you want a lot of hours and feel like you are at work all the time.

RSM US LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

On paper they advocate for women but in practice it's the same old. Primarily men are partners and women who work less because of family aren't taken as seriously.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

New York-Presbyterian Hospital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

They do not provide maternity leave. You must use sick time and vacation time, then go on disability

Allianz SE Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.8

If you're an admin or exec admin assistant, you won't ever be promoted out of the position. You won't be offered training opportunities, any job-related training will be at your own expense and on your own time. It is not a good culture, I do not recommend this company.

While the policy is family-friendly, bosses are generally not. I was told by one COO that if I took maternity leave, they would wait until it was done and then fire me because it's an at-will company. When I reported that to HR, I was to "of course that won't happen" but it made me too afraid to take leave of any kind.

Virginia Department Of Professional & Occupational Regulation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You'll be fine, I suppose. Just tread as lightly as you can with maternity-related requests.

W.W. Grainger, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.8

Grainger is a typical "Mid-west Nice" culture, meaning everyone is positive and says the "right things" but no one is willing to take risks or advocate for another. It is a very dog eat dog culture under the surface. If you don't fit the Grainger model - you will be quickly ostracized and cannot be effective.

Adams and Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is zero accommodation for work/life balance. Drop dead deadlines, inflexible policies, and an executive management team that would rather fire you than work with you made this a difficult experience.

The New School Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women predominantly operate in support roles. There is often high turn over and the lowest paying positions in administration are held by women. Further, it is obvious that there is some job flexibility depending on the department, but constant policy change over the past five years has left these systems unreliable.