Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at League of Conservation Voters to join us.

American Hotel Register Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

If you plan on having kids while you are working at American Hotel maybe pass it up. There is not a maternity leave policy and it is not important to HR or senior leadership to create one. It takes American Hotel a very long time to adjust to trends in the benefit department (ie. paid parental leave, work from home, dress for your day, etc.). If you are looking for a forward thinking company American Hotel will not be for you. They are not open to changes that are recommended from the employees.

The 6 weeks paid is short term disability and they force you to use all of your PTO before you come back. Employees pay into short term disability.

Telogis Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Telogis has changed a lot since I first started working here. They have introduced parental leave and women's groups. I have hope that it will continue improving to add more benefits, such as increasing parental leave to match with other tech companies in this area.

Fitch Ratings Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

February 2018

Its a good company that cares about its employees but still very old world in a lot of ways. They need to be better about flexible working and they need to improve their maternity leave benefits to at least 12 weeks paid, 16 would be even better.

There are still a number of managers that do not support recurring flexibility like working from home.

Our maternity leave benefits are not where they should be...my previous companies in the US provided between 12-16 weeks.

Greater Lebanon Refuse Authority Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

Right now it is very top heavy with men in upper roles. The men in the upper roles are paid very well. The current management believes the previous management didn't handle things well and has changed things. The current management won't listen to reason when it comes to employees issues.

Long Island University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

People will hear you when you speak up, but they won't ask for your opinion until you shove it in there.

The travel component makes my situation unique, but I will absolutely need more flexibility when I decide to have children.

Bloomberg BNA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

This is a great place to work in terms of benefits and flexibility, but there are very few women leaders and promotions are very difficult to come by. There are a lot of politics involved and unless you are willing to be ruthless, you are unlikely to move up in the organization.

6 weeks were paid through my disability policy, 3 weeks were paid by the company, and the rest was my vacation/sick time.

Verizon Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

VZW great place to earn a good salary. Opportunity to increase your potential and income.

Tango Card, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place to work if you want to have an influential role in a young fast growing startup. But like many startups, it falls short of creating a level playing field for women because it lacks a performance review process. Perceptions of job performance can be subjective and based on favoritism. There is no diversity awareness training because "we don't have the resources" and I worry that bias goes unchecked. Also, many of the management team are first-time managers and make leadership mistakes accordingly. As a technology company, there are few women which can feel isolating for the existing women at the company. In part, this is because the majority of our employees come through referrals and people refer their male friends. On the plus side, the culture is laid back and fun. The departments are tight-knit and the mentality is "we're all in this together." The company is also accommodating for personal and family emergencies. In most roles, if you need to leave early to pick your kids up from school it's no problem (our CEO often does with his kids). You can also work from home whenever you want and so long as you get your work done, no one cares. The exception to this is roles in customer service since you do have to be in the office to answer support calls during set business hours. There is room for growth in entry level positions but not really for mid-career positions. This is partly due to the small size and early nature of the company. As the company grows, I hope that changes but I'm concerned that unconscious bias could make it harder for women to rise in the ranks as positions open up. With the exception of the CFO, all management is male and have stay at home wives. I think this contributes to underlying beliefs that women will be less committed to their jobs when they have kids.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

We just surpassed 50 employees so now FMLA kicks in for maternity leave. But this is still unpaid.

Ralph Lauren Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

Maternity leave feels very minimal. Consider that if you're having children. A very facetime and meeting heavy culture. So, working remotely or from home is not a part of the culture. Neither is flex time. That said, hours overall are manageable.

4 weeks are paid at 100%, 4 weeks at 70% and remaining 4 weeks are unpaid or PTO.

Burrow Global, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Run, this industry and it's corporate culture was stressful, damaging in the long run, and left me depressed for over 3 years. If you worked in the HR department or accounting (which were female dominated) then you would have an easier go of things; however if you worked in IT, the electrical department, construction, automation, etc then it was a struggle.